Debadging the T - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2006, 03:19   #1 (permalink)
Don't pat my dog

Debadging the T

Hey people,

Picked up the beast today, I am in luv baby. New 6 speed auto is sweet.Get some picks soon.
My dealer mentioned that it was common for some people when purchasing the T to actually remove the turbo badge to avoid "extra" attention from things like cops, car thieves and especially in Brisy and the gold coast, wanabe homies that wear the badges on a necklace after ripping it of your car. BM and Merc badges are also the pops up here.
Has anyone does this to avoid such issues??
Of course there are some other advantages. Without a turbo badge, would I be right in saying that it is now a standard XR6 with 190kw lined up next to the SS commy, or so he thinks!!!!
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2006, 14:06   #2 (permalink)

Re: Debadging the T

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPIDXR6T
Hey people,

Picked up the beast today, I am in luv baby. New 6 speed auto is sweet.Get some picks soon.
My dealer mentioned that it was common for some people when purchasing the T to actually remove the turbo badge to avoid "extra" attention from things like cops, car thieves and especially in Brisy and the gold coast, wanabe homies that wear the badges on a necklace after ripping it of your car. BM and Merc badges are also the pops up here.
Has anyone does this to avoid such issues??
Of course there are some other advantages. Without a turbo badge, would I be right in saying that it is now a standard XR6 with 190kw lined up next to the SS commy, or so he thinks!!!!
Rapid

Teach the dog to open the car door Bet they won't flog your badging then!! One look at your cooler will give your car away!! Leave them on IMHO.

Would be like taking the badges off our F6 F#*k that let the mongrels know what they are up against
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 21:28   #3 (permalink)
MCHLUV

i took the badges off my xr6 tute, for the same reasons, also because the tailgate looks a whole lot better without them! i took everything off except for the ford badge........... even took off the xr6 on the side skirts! also put a bov on it, now they only know what they're up against when i go ttchhhhh right next to their window, then i'm gone. hehe now u c me, now i'm way ahead!

i say take em off! be different and keep em guessin!
just be gentle and dot use anything too hard,(mine wears a tiny scar coz i was eager with a blade!) then wipe down with metho, they're all plastic with like double sided tape on the back. cept the silver xr6, they're like a rubber!
MCHLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:34   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHLUV
i took the badges off my xr6 tute, for the same reasons, also because the tailgate looks a whole lot better without them! i took everything off except for the ford badge........... even took off the xr6 on the side skirts! also put a bov on it, now they only know what they're up against when i go ttchhhhh right next to their window, then i'm gone. hehe now u c me, now i'm way ahead!

i say take em off! be different and keep em guessin!
just be gentle and dot use anything too hard,(mine wears a tiny scar coz i was eager with a blade!) then wipe down with metho, they're all plastic with like double sided tape on the back. cept the silver xr6, they're like a rubber!
i agree i did the same thing to my turbo ute pulled all the badges off, added a xr8 bonnet and blow off valve confused the hell outta people hehe wouildnt do it to a f6 or gt but
IW84NO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo