It Doesnt Add Up - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2005, 23:51   #1 (permalink)

It Doesnt Add Up

i finally went to the track to see what times i get on my mk2 xr6t ute, and well i was very disapointed i have arround 260_270rwkw, and the best i could do was a 13.9 qtr mile its redicilous i tried every trick in the book.
im just gonna point out that i had the stock tyres on ,also the hard cover was on.so it was a lil heavier but still.....i thought an APS2 was good for atleast a low 13s even in a manual ute.!
my 60 ft was 2.3 and i got a 107m/h , so my launching wasnt the worst of launches and my miles per hour indicate that i should have got better times so wtf ?? it just doesnt add up where did i go wrong ?
POP6TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2005, 23:55   #2 (permalink)
Club Phantom

Re: It Doesnt Add Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by POP6TH
wtf ?? it just doesnt add up where did i go wrong ?
You didn't buy an 8! Sorry, couldn't resist.
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 02:54   #3 (permalink)
FF Moderator

107m/h would indicate that if launched well and maintaining reasonable traction you would achieve very low 13's. With the standard dunlops it is actually possible that you were loosing more traction than you thought and not just off the line either (it's sometimes hard to tell in drag conditions). Another member had a 6 speed XR8 sedan and on the stocky tryes for his first run got around 14.5. He changed the rear tyres to street Nito's and got 13.4@104m/h!! Difference? Traction!

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:54   #4 (permalink)

I think its in your launch and 60 foot time. My first time in my stock T (manual) I could only manage a 14.9 @98mph with a 2.675 60ft time. Plan to improve my launches and get a low 14 next time, though.
xr6turbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 07:59   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POP6TH
i finally went to the track to see what times i get on my mk2 xr6t ute, and well i was very disapointed i have arround 260_270rwkw, and the best i could do was a 13.9 qtr mile its redicilous i tried every trick in the book.
im just gonna point out that i had the stock tyres on ,also the hard cover was on.so it was a lil heavier but still.....i thought an APS2 was good for atleast a low 13s even in a manual ute.!
my 60 ft was 2.3 and i got a 107m/h , so my launching wasnt the worst of launches and my miles per hour indicate that i should have got better times so wtf ?? it just doesnt add up where did i go wrong ?
Argh, 2.3 60, 107 mph, thats a 13.4 right there , get back there and try again
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 15:18   #6 (permalink)

Maybe transmission losses?

Wheelspin with a low power figure like that shouldn't be a drama.
cuspub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 16:00   #7 (permalink)

When I had 260rwkw I managed a 13.4 @ 107mph with a 2.1 60ft which was still not that good.
That was in my T with 5sp T5. So it's your 60ft that is letting you down, your mph would indicate a low 13 pass in a manual.

I suggest you drop your tyre pressures at the rear down to about 22-25psi. I suggested this to one of the XR8 ute guys last night at Calder and he went from a 14.6 and ran a 13.8.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo