Erratic rev's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2006, 22:29   #1 (permalink)
Silver XR6 Turbo

Erratic rev's

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems:

It started happening a few weeks ago. It was about 6am and I was driving to work. Waiting at the lights with the revs sitting nicely on about 750rpm. All of a sudden, the revs become erratic and keep jumping from 250rpm to 2000rpm. I didn't know what was happening. Only until I started driving did it settle down. It happened again and again at the lights for the next 15mins.

I had this problem in my old car and it pissed me right off. I thought having a new and finely tuned car, this wouldn't happen again.

Then when I got to Mt Elisa and turned her back on 10mins later it was even worse and the throttle adjustment light came on with beeps.

Does anyone know whats happening? I don't want to take it to Ford and not know the answer to the problem!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2006, 18:30   #2 (permalink)
wog edit tuner

Re: Erratic rev's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudman
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems:

It started happening a few weeks ago. It was about 6am and I was driving to work. Waiting at the lights with the revs sitting nicely on about 750rpm. All of a sudden, the revs become erratic and keep jumping from 250rpm to 2000rpm. I didn't know what was happening. Only until I started driving did it settle down. It happened again and again at the lights for the next 15mins.

I had this problem in my old car and it pissed me right off. I thought having a new and finely tuned car, this wouldn't happen again.

Then when I got to Mt Elisa and turned her back on 10mins later it was even worse and the throttle adjustment light came on with beeps.

Does anyone know whats happening? I don't want to take it to Ford and not know the answer to the problem!

Thanks
it will have logged a fault and my guess is tps related either at the peddal or at the throttle body both common probs!!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 02:55   #3 (permalink)
"MYF60"

i had a problem where it would idol at 250 rpm and sound like it had 1000cc injectors and stage 3 cams it still dose do it every now and then but when i gave it a few quick stabs of throttle it would clear its self up but i know what you mean by going to ford and have them not know what the problem is, know guys who have had the same problem and others with other problems and they took their brand new highly tunned 60 tho motor car back to ford to have them fix the problem but after time and time again of ford ****ing them around with bullshit stories and bullshit efforts of fixing the problem once and for all. they dont go near the most usless car dealers in australia for anything anymore, and once i was there and he was having a bitch about the rear end squak one of them asked if he paid for the car or it was given to him and when he told them he baught it they said shut up complaining you baught the car noone made you buy it, so mate im with you in saying stay away from a company who seems to spit in your face with warrenty claims or anything! i for one know i only baught a great engine the rest of the car (gear boxes difs axels brakes ect ect) is built down to a price not up to a standard
fat pipes, power torque engines, tuffcarparts.com

CHOMP CHOMP ALL THEM IMPORTS FOR LUNCH
1day_tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:49   #4 (permalink)
Silver XR6 Turbo

Thanks for that guys!!!

Now that I know it is probably something wrong with the Throttle Positioning Sensor (thanks dynowog) I have booked in to ford on thursday. Hopefully they can pinpoint the problem and fix it under warrenty.

I'll keep you posted with what they say!

Cheers
Old 05-30-2006, 05:59   #5 (permalink)

Yep,

my girl used to fart, burp and carry on something shocking at idle. Very embarressing at the lights. Since she has been edited (thanks Simon) ...... she just purrs (well if you can call growling that ) . telling the ss, wrx, monaro whatever next door...... dont even think about it boyo . Just got to love these Xtremed phoons

cheers

Peter
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 21:58   #6 (permalink)
xrlover

My xr6t shakes at the lights 2, took it to ford, they said there where no fault codes, so then there must be nothing wrong with it. I explained that even sometimes when changing down gears it would stall. so they did a carbon clean, tighten the manifolds and turbo check computer software version and also reset base idle cost $300 and the car is exactly the same they said its normal the car idles rough. why dosn't my wifes xr6 run rough. thanks ford Ill have to get someone else to look at it, its annoying.
pippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo