F6 are on delivery - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2004, 01:35   #1 (permalink)
MYF6

biggrin F6 are on delivery

Received a call from my dealer today to tell me the F6 is on a truck on its way to sunny Brisbane. Should take delivery early next week.

Has anyone in Melbourne seen their F6 arrive at their dealer yet????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2004, 04:24   #2 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Re: F6 are on delivery

don't know if it was a delivered Typhoon, but i saw one today on Punt Rd in Melbourne on the way home.

In shockwave??? (new light blue).. looks real nice, the new front bat really gives it such a more aggressive look.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 14:30   #3 (permalink)
F6

I think I followed the same one... down Swan Street before it turned onto Punt Road. I thought it looked the goods in the blue.
FINER9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 14:31   #4 (permalink)

MyF6,

You're probably the lucky few to get it that early. Make sure you post some pics and give us a good review. What colour did you get and did you get the GT stripes?
Phoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 14:53   #5 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

GT Stripes are unavailable, hence the name GT stripes... but that light Blue one is a company car and it parks in the carpark every day near the front door... drool!!!!! They go like the clappers!!!!! If only I was a manager!!

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 15:06   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec
GT Stripes are unavailable, hence the name GT stripes... but that light Blue one is a company car and it parks in the carpark every day near the front door... drool!!!!! They go like the clappers!!!!! If only I was a manager!!
Are you telling me that if you ask for GT stripes from a dealer they won't sell it to you?
If so why do I see so many XR6T's and 8's with them on?
Old 11-16-2004, 15:11   #7 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

The XR's get Dealer fitted stripes from independent Vinyl/Signwriters if customers request them, the only official factory stripes are for GT/GT-P and nothing else. I personally think the charm of the Typhoon is it's understatement, just like an M5 Beemer is a sledgehammer in Sheep's clothing, so is the Typhoon compared to the GT bulge and stripes of the V8's (which look good on the 8's because of the whole "excess" of having an 8. Each to his own, but Typhoon is officially unavailable with stripes, you have to get it done yourself.

Old 11-16-2004, 15:16   #8 (permalink)

Zetec,

Point taken. Would you still drool over a white Phoon with blue stripes then coz that's what I'm intending to get? :)
Old 11-16-2004, 15:19   #9 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

I'd be a fool not to drool over ANY Typhoon!! But personally, I just like the dark wheels and no stripes/no bonnet bulge combo, understated. That's the way my Focus is, lowered, stock rims, tinited window, nothing stands out, it just looks secretly meaner and keener. The sleeper look is my thing, but I think For also left the stripes off to differentiate it from GT. At the end of the day if a Pink Typhoon with green rims and yellow stripes floats your boat, all that matters is that the HSV's and Wrexies are looking at it from behind...!!

Old 11-18-2004, 17:48   #10 (permalink)

New Oak Ford in Melbourne is "launching" the MKII GT/P and Typhoon this comming Tuesday night. I spoke to the guy I bought my car from, he said he can't get enough stock to have a showroom model of the F6... Next car he can get is Feb 2005... All allocated cars had been pre-sold. Looks like it'll be popular!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo