ok time to be serious.........
Which would be your choice???
F6 ot a GT-P

#27 ·
ill be happy with a plain old gt.... geez... id be happy with a plain n/a xr6

unlike all of u ppl, im not FUSSY!

#30 ·
This always amuses me....
How quick is the F6? Has anyone ACTUALLY seen or driven one?
It is ALL bullshit until it is tested on the track/road.
Is the F6 lighter than the GT-P and if so by how much?
The F6 will have the same heavy drive train and goodies that the GT-P has.
The only difference is the Turbo 6 with a BIGGER/HEAVIER intercooler and cooling vs the BOSS V8.

Won't the T6 fairy brigade be really pissed off if it isn't a 12 second rocket car?

For comparison GT-Ps are doing 13.8-14 second 400m std
T6s are 14.1-14.3.
You think that an extra 30kw will pick up .3 even though it weighs more?

#31 ·
flappist said:
The only difference is the Turbo 6 with a BIGGER/HEAVIER intercooler and cooling vs the BOSS V8.

Won't the T6 fairy brigade be really pissed off if it isn't a 12 second rocket car?

T6s are 14.1-14.3.
Who cares? Spend a minimal amount of money and you can count on it being a 12 second car, that's the attraction of it. Modified GT's aren't going any faster than stock ones or hasn't anyone noticed?

#33 ·
Personally, if I had the money I would go for the GTP. Simply because of the V8...and the fact that I wouldnt be doing mods to it to make it quicker etc. It would be plenty quick already for me.

#34 ·
GT-P. Who honestly gives a stuff about how fast it can go, you can only do 110 max on the road anyway (yeha yeah dont start). GT-P has the looks, the 'daddy of them all at least until HO arrives' kinda reputation, and there's only way one to really appreciate the V8 sound - own one of your own.

But realistically it's not a fair comparison..........

#35 ·
Id probably go the F6 for speed, and (relative)ease of modding it with good results.

Never driven a v8, but would love to

If i wasnt up for modding and out right speed, id go GT-P

#36 ·
F6 without thinking.

Anything with forced induction is infinitely easier to coax more power out of.
$3000 will get 90kW out of the XR6T without really pushing it.....
As long as the drivetrain holds up, the F6 will leave the 8's for dead...

#37 ·
flappist said:

T6s are 14.1-14.3.

Motor claims 1715kg est and i guess it sounds not too far off given XR6T is only 13kg more than XR6NA and 1715 would mean this would be 30kg more than XR6T.

At 1715kg or even 1750 {if it ended up that way} its not the 30kw but a 100nm jump that will make it a fair bit quicker. The impressive part is it still arrives at the same RPM. The {current} GT is said to only better it after 5000rpm. Id just about bet my life that by that time the lighter and torqueier F6 will have left it behind.

As i said before can only hope theres some good stuff install for series 2 8's.

Id pay 70k for a good eight but i would'nt go much further than the F6's asking price for a 6 though.No matter how good it was.

#38 ·
I'd get the V8 for sure!

#40 ·
Would go the F6; yes I'm a 6 man at heart & love to support the locally developed engine.

#41 ·
snavy said:
but have you heard the burble of a I6 turbo when a aftermarket exhuast is fitted? Similar to a supra with an aftermarket exhuast.

Sounds great to me, i prefer it over a V8.
Henry Ford built a real beaut 1 cyclinder too. Sounds great....just like my Victa.

Chris

#42 ·
if we're talking series 2 (roundabout F6 time), i'de take the GT-P. While the F6 will be fast with loads of potential like the xr6T, surely FPV wouldnt be stupid enough to let it be out front of the GT's. They would lose a lot of respect.

I think they have some tricks up their sleaves for the 2nd round GT's....ratios being one of them

#44 ·
XR8Chris said:
Can someone please tell me the fascination with 6's?

I just don't get it!!!
Each to their own as I said in my last post. I don't see why people pay the dollars for a V8.

It's personal choice.

#45 ·
flappist said:
T6s are 14.1-14.3.
It's interesting to note in the lastest Motor Mag during the PCOTY they only got 14.52 out of the GTP.

Even with your figures quoted out of the back of Motor, .3 of a second between the T and the GTP doens't mean a thing in the real world.

Personally, I couldn't care less if the F6 doesn't do 12s, in fact I don't expect it to.

#47 ·
both.. well no not really... i'd have a GT-P and a XR6 Turbo, de badged and modded.

when i wanna drive somewhere id take the gtp. class, looks, and the sound!!

but if i mess up a traffic light duel(since everyone will wanna drag it with the word out its slow), i'll hunt the bastard down in my '182kw family car' hehe..

wouldnt touch a F6 tho... prefer the sleeper effect of the XR6T when the turbo badge gets knocked off.

#49 ·
Jamie XR6 said:
It's interesting to note in the lastest Motor Mag during the PCOTY they only got 14.52 out of the GTP.
You are not very observant Jamie, the GT-P wasn't tested in the latest motor mag, but then you are always very miopic when it comes the the T6 aren't you?

If you read the above magazine more carefully you will see that every vehicle's times were down on that test day. Wonder if the 15 km/h headwind and high air temps had anything to do with it?

Anyway I suppose you have your order in for your F6 as they will probably be hard to get initially.

You are not going to be one of those wankers who just sit on the sidelines and don't put their money where their mouth is are you?

#50 ·
flappist said:
You are not very observant Jamie, the GT-P wasn't tested in the latest motor mag, but then you are always very miopic when it comes the the T6 aren't you?
You have me there, it was the GT. There is no difference in performance between the two.

flappist said:
If you read the above magazine more carefully you will see that every vehicle's times were down on that test day. Wonder if the 15 km/h headwind and high air temps had anything to do with it?
Which still proves my point that when you are talking . whatever of a second then it doesn't matter on the road.

flappist said:
Anyway I suppose you have your order in for your F6 as they will probably be hard to get initially.
No I don't as I'm happy with what I have. As with the GT, I can't see the sense when a cheaper car has the same performance.

flappist said:
You are not going to be one of those wankers who just sit on the sidelines and don't put their money where their mouth is are you?
I'm going to ignore that stupid comment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.