Votes: 5 3.5%

F6 or GT-P

15K views 115 replies 66 participants last post by  blackout 
#1 ·
ok time to be serious.........
Which would be your choice???
F6 ot a GT-P

#52 ·
The generations are changing. The older generations prefer V8s cause they believe theres nothing like a V8, theres no substitution for cubes etc. They grew up around V8s, turbos were nothnig those days.

In the present, the youths grow up around turbos and V8's so i guess they can go both ways, as there are fine examples of both.

The young like the turbos becuase of the cheap power gains. Look at the import scene.

I love turbos, i love the sound, the love the rush.

I like the V8 sound as well.

The F6 is a great car, its got the big capacity also the big turbo. Best of both worlds. Its being compared to the engine of the supra, big power with little money.

No one can deny the F6 is going to be good. Go drive both and see which you want.

Both have their adnavtages and disadvantages, ill go the F6, but if you like the V8 fair enough.

but no one can deny we are going have some modified F6 in FF which would be quicker then every NA GT or GTP very soon, unless one of you go the supercahrged route on your V8 :)

#53 ·
My two main arguments are usually that V8s have more torque and better sound. Well, this time I can still safely say that I would get the GT-P simply for the sound. However, the F6 does have more torque... :fraz:

Then again, you can whack a turbo on any car and create big numbers.

At the moment, I would get neither... That is until FPV/Ford release the revised V8 in about 8-9 months time! :wnc:

#54 ·
Having owned both an XR6 Turbo and a XR8, I'd probably take the F6. Nothing beats the sound of a Ford V8, but the Turbo has more of a rush and feels quicker, so its the F6 by a fleas willy.

#55 ·
neither, too heavy, too expensive, too slow.... did I mention the GT's '0-400' is the same as a SV8!! for $20,000 less...

Not that I dislike the cars, but until they come out with desent figures I don't see the point spending that much money on a performance car when it's performance is 'weighed' down.

I actually prefer something more agile and lighter but with a good performance engine for that price. Something in the terms of Integra, 350Z (a little more $$$), or Sti

#60 ·
F6 $55K<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

GT $59K<o:p></o:p>

GT-P $69K <o:p></o:p>

IF the F6 sells for $55K its going to be good bang for buck, I think the price of GT will need to full in line with the F6, as for the GT-P if your buying one of them you wouldn't consider the F6 two different cars and $14k more, I would consider buying a F6 after seeing the success of the BA Turbo and the times there doing at Calder.
if it gets the GT auto & tremac , it will be 1 hell of a car, with a 3 year warranty...
seeing it at the motor show it looked better than the pics i had seen.
F6, GT, GT-P There all Fords all good...

#61 · (Edited)
One of each thanks, there both drool worthy cars ,
but ive decided to on 7 Xm falcons painted a different color for each day of the week.
Plus i'll have some change for a burger and fries

#62 ·
well i wouldnt be fussy, i take either were one given too me, but being a pround TQE Operator i would love to have the F6, i mean look at the torque! its got the full 12 inches baby ;) ... so much for the "TQE are :ghey:" motto :p cheers!

#63 ·
The GT-P is very nice but the you'd be crazy not to go the F6.

1) More torque at lower revs.
2) Lighter (also see above)
3) Cheaper
4) Much easier to modify - there is already 500kw kits available for T6.

So if you went the GTP you would be paying more money for a car thats slower, heavier, thirstier and dosnt handle or brake as well.

Are a bulge and a noise really worth the more $$$$?

#65 ·
It would be hard to go past 550Nm no matter how the engine is configured.

#66 ·
I don't plan to buy either, and i wouldn't be buying until i'd driven both, i've never driven anything faster then a modified I6, so i'm by no means able to compare the rush of a V8 to a I6T, If it were a choice between a GT and an F6, i'd probably get a GT and leave it stock, (maybe put an exhaust on it for a nicer note) but other then that i'm not that keep to pay $1000's to modify a Boss V8.

I'd be happy with a BA Fairmont Ghia V8 :)

#67 ·
Everyone says more bang for the buck. Ehh yeah you may be getting more bang for the buck with higher torque out of the F6. You may pay far less for the F6 and that is all well and good. But for those that rather have the GTp they will buy the GTp. Obviously they either have the money for it or they rather have the car for whatever reason.

People will say you can get the F6 faster on the track for far less. Considering that it is allready huffing as an option from the factory that is an obvious advantage. But when people are saying they can sink 3k into the F6 and get far more out of it than they could out of the GTp then I have to sit here and laugh.

Obviously there will be a greater market for the huffing crowd, simply because the fact is that they have the xr6t base to work with. They have the tuners already sinking time and money into that car, simply because they have the market here already. Yes there is the market for the 5.4s but how many are truely putting a large enough effort into it to actually make a dent into it. And for 3k if you can not get a 5.4 into the 11's you are not doing it right. Simply put.

Besides, most people that are going to buy a GTp are not buying to take her down the track, yes some are, but most are not. Most are buying for the Name, the degree of comfort and accessories.

Dont think that I or anyone can get a GTP running 11s for very little. Just wait. It is not that hard. Trust me.

#68 ·
Be my guest if you want to show me how to get a BOSS V8 in an 1800kg+ car doing 11's for 3k. I'm presuming you're talking Aussie 3k mate?

#70 ·
Buyers of Aussie performance cars (Ford or Holden) have never had it so good. I still can't believe there is both a hi-po 6 and 8 from Ford.

Competition sure has improved the breed. We are living the new golden muscle car age people.

#71 ·
This is one funny topic, i voted for the GTP, who cares about which is the fastest, a 6 cylinder is going to be a 6 cylinder no matter what, some of us here arent after power, we are after something which looks good, sounds good and is nice to drive. For me the XR6 Turbo and the F6 are just a waste of time, id rather buy an XR6 NA over both of them --> Where can you use the power today neways?? On the track pfffft I havent ever been a on a track.

the F6 is just rice i think!

#72 ·
This is one funny topic, i voted for the GTP, who cares about which is the fastest, a 6 cylinder is going to be a 6 cylinder no matter what, some of us here arent after power, we are after something which looks good, sounds good and is nice to drive. For me the XR6 Turbo and the F6 are just a waste of time, id rather buy an XR6 NA over both of them --> Where can you use the power today neways?? On the track pfffft I havent ever been a on a track.

#73 ·

#74 ·

#76 ·
Cobra said:
Be my guest if you want to show me how to get a BOSS V8 in an 1800kg+ car doing 11's for 3k. I'm presuming you're talking Aussie 3k mate?
i agree would need a jet engine, the BA pursuit ute has a boss 290 with no driver and no fuel weighed 1840kg when rod put his on the Laverton wiegh bridge...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.