F6 or GT-P

15K views 115 replies 66 participants last post by  blackout 
#1 ·
ok time to be serious.........
Which would be your choice???
F6 ot a GT-P

#78 ·
Cobra said:
Be my guest if you want to show me how to get a BOSS V8 in an 1800kg+ car doing 11's for 3k. I'm presuming you're talking Aussie 3k mate?
Considering that i took a 2,122kg Impala SS with an LT1 running 11.2's with only 3500 AUD.

That is using the current conversion rates.

So if you think it can not be done then you are silly. Ohh and it does not include the dirty way of doing it .... aka nitrous. Though with that it was running 10.7s and yes the slips have been shown on here.

#80 ·
My head says the F6, but heart says the GT-P. When it comes to cars I rarely listen to my head.

Wouldn't a better comparison be between a F6 and GT-P? I would still most likely have the same outcome. I just spent the week overseas touring around New Zealand in an auto XR6T and it was truely a fantasic car, but when I got home to my BA XR8 and drove to work, I liked it so much more. It's a personal choice.

Cheers,
Colville

#84 ·
flappist said:
Dumb question on the day....
Are any of you guys actually going to buy a F6?
I would - If I felt I was going to get a better after sales service on an FPV than my XR6... but at the moment I don't, so I won't.

#85 ·
XTS220 said:
the F6 is just rice i think!
ahh how exactly is an F6 rice???

its faster in a straight line and around corners, has more torque and is lighter and cheaper than a GT, ie a GT costs more for a bulge and a V8 sound - now wouldnt that make the GT rice?

DISCLAIMER - I would never ever call a GT a rice car, just making a point.

#86 ·
LunaticSVT said:
. it can happen. yes you will see soon enough.
John i got the live axle's and the baby boss engine you can use mine for the 1st, 11 sec pass, if you want...

#87 ·
cArSiK said:
I vote for the F6.

I agree with Jamie , all that extra money for an engine note......

James
What about the BULGE?

Gotta go the GT or GT-P,

If you want modability later i know of an XR8 ute running a supercharger that puts out over 310 rwkw running only 6 psi of boost but capable of running 12 psi needs an intercooler though, all for around 7k, sounds great too a mix of slight supercharger whine and BOSS V8 noise

#91 ·
XRSIK said:
ahh how exactly is an F6 rice???

its faster in a straight line and around corners, has more torque and is lighter and cheaper than a GT, ie a GT costs more for a bulge and a V8 sound - now wouldnt that make the GT rice?

DISCLAIMER - I would never ever call a GT a rice car, just making a point.
The spoiler and the wheels ruin it. The spoiler just looks gay, plus the badging is a bit try hard not to mention the front grills.

Although it may look better in the flesh, i doubt it. The GTP rocks in comparision looks wise.

#92 ·
XTS220 if you havn't been to the motor show in your city yet have a look at the F6, i was pleastly suprised its a good looking car.
looks like FPV have tried to give the F6 its own style.

#93 ·
Perana 351 said:
What about the BULGE?

Gotta go the GT or GT-P,
What about the bulge?

As with the engine note, I personally can't see the sense in paying all that money for a lump in my bonnet

#94 ·
meh. Fairly underwhelmed by the F6. Doesn't do much for me in looks at all. Can't really give it any crap over performance tho :AAHHH:

Without driving them, I really couldn't make a call on it - it would really be down to how they feel - sound wise, power wise and handling wise.

#95 ·
XR8 Lamah said:
meh. Fairly underwhelmed by the F6. Doesn't do much for me in looks at all. Can't really give it any crap over performance tho :AAHHH:

Without driving them, I really couldn't make a call on it - it would really be down to how they feel - sound wise, power wise and handling wise.
Yeah with all that torque i'd hope they have tuned out the axel tramp that the XR6 and XR6T can suffer from :)

#97 ·
550nm of torque is the only selling point that works for me. If I were to choose between these two, I'd jump straight into a GTP, no further questions asked....ANYTIME. Yes, sure, the turbo six can put down heaps of power, any car can esp. when there's a turbo involved (just look at what APS turbosixes are producing)...but nothing beats driving the legendary GT...or GTP...it's a different car, in a different class of its own. IMO, the GTP has the bigger "WOAH" factor.

Just my 2 cts....

#98 ·
HOTDBZ said:
nothing beats driving the legendary GT...or GTP...it's a different car, in a different class of its own. IMO, the GTP has the bigger "WOAH" factor.

Just my 2 cts....
hi Mad Mal you have been quiet on the FF lately, i was wondering you have a very high opinion of the GT or GTP, your beast must have cost you in the same dollar bracket, did you consider buying one before you started spending the big bucks on your AU.??
when are you going shoot it down the quarter ??

#100 ·
XRFPV8 said:
hi Mad Mal you have been quiet on the FF lately, i was wondering you have a very high opinion of the GT or GTP, your beast must have cost you in the same dollar bracket, did you consider buying one before you started spending the big bucks on your AU.??
when are you going shoot it down the quarter ??
I've been quiet on FF for a good reason. The beast was off the road for the most of last week. I just got it back last night...been driving around town and giving a good flog now and then, just to see if anything falls out from the back.

I do have a high opinion for the GTs and the GTPs. I'm not a die hard-against V8s kinda person just because I drive a turbo six. The GTs and GTPs are great cars, monstrous in their own way, which is different from the sixes. Not that I'd jump from mine to another GTP right now (I would if mine was still NA), I love th rush I get from my XR, the sudden unleash of power at 2000revs. Not that note, I've got to say that I adore the overall package of the GTP, comfort, style, exclusivenes (to a certain degree), aggressive yet elegant, and not forgetting the sound of it....*creams in the pants* "I'll take one in lightning silver with orange stripes please."

To be honest, I had enough dough to throw in for a brand spanking new GTP (plus mods of course) before I started the mods on my AU XR6... It has to be a GTP, nothing less, no standard range BAs for me, no thank you. But I wanted to do something different...not just any standard bolt-on turbo kit to an AU....but MORE!!! Pushing it to its limits (nowhere near yet) slowly and learning more and more about the car as I progress along...its the fun of building a beast out of an ordinary everyday car, plus you learn alot more too. Some may think I'm just plain ol stupid to go through all that pain and suffering (the long wait, the breakdowns, and the bill)...but it's all worth it in the end. Bear in mind I do all this for my personal enjoyment, not to try and kickarse on the roads...I'll leave that to the kids.

I hope I've answered all your questions Mark.....oh wait...there's the last question....LOL

#101 ·
Well Guys,

First things first. It's not fair to compare two cars in different price brackets. The F6 will come in at around $56k whilst a GT-P is $77k. Realistically most people here would struggle to even get a FPV vehicle fullstop. I think the people who can afford a GT-P will still get a GT-P. However a fair comparision would be the FPV F6 vs a fully optioned XR8 which tips the dollars to $56-58k.

Now, why isn't anyone pleased that Ford have got both markets in their hands and we should be in open arms about it. A hot turbo charged 6 and a modern high powered V8 both stir my senses. It all comes down to taste. For me it would come down to the time when i'm about to buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.