Votes: 5 3.5%

F6 or GT-P

15K views 115 replies 66 participants last post by  blackout 
#1 ·
ok time to be serious.........
Which would be your choice???
F6 ot a GT-P

#102 ·
Just reading an article in Drive - 98% of the 550Nm is available at 1750rpm!!!

#103 ·
HOTDBZ said:
creams in the pants* "I'll take one in lightning silver with orange stripes please."

I hope I've answered all your questions Mark.....oh wait...there's the last question....LOL
MAL who does your washing ??lol

#106 ·
XRFPV8 said:
MAL who does your washing ??lol
They don't get washed, they go straight into the bin at the end of each day when I get home from work. On that note, where did I leave the contract I was suppose to sign with Calvin Klein for my lifetime supply of jocks?

#108 ·
At no point was my decision based on price. Price and performance the F6 shit's on the GT-P. If price doesn't matter I'll go the GT-P. If I'm paying and I can easily afford an F6 I don't know if I like the GT-P that much more to warrant 15k more.

#109 ·
As someone mentioned earlier, its great we have more choices from Ford and about bloody time.
I like the Turbo's very much, really put some bite in the 6's.
I really don't care of Strip times, weight factors etc. Horses for courses some like new wave hairdryers some like me chose GT or GTP.
Sheer class ride and feel.

#110 ·
After having a good ponder over this thread, i just have to reignite the 6's vs 8's debate.

Anyway.....As far as i'm concerned, V8's will always seperate the men from the boys.

Go the rumble and room for future expansion.

Chris
PS Jamie XR6 - Look forward to meeting you on the FPVTickford club cruise on the 23rd.

#112 ·
Ill take the GT-P simply cause the mums got a XR6Turbo- waaay cheaper to just boost that abit and have heaps more power than an F6.

Best of both worlds really

If only this was real life instead of some forum. ...

#113 ·
ChuBBz said:
the "men" can have their under-preforming gt-p .

lol
=)
hi ChuBBz, where to these cars under perform ??
ET:13.6 with a CAI & ZORST is not under performing is it ???

#115 ·
I will be looking at this come Feb 2005. The XR8s lease will be up and I will have a lot of pondering to do.... I looked at the 8 and 6T last time and the eight won better driveline and similar performance plus I wanted a V8 to sh^t my mother :wnc: . But this time it will much tougher I think if the XR8 is untouched mechanically and price I will have to get a F6. The beauty of the F6 is it might scrape under Luxury car tax is an FPV so should have good resale value. I feel bad as the XR8 is still only 3 months old when I say this and is an excellent car that always makes my commute a non-issue but...

I know I didn't awnser the poll but it is a bit stupid I mean it could have been Explorer vs F6 they would have the same difference in price. I doubt very seriously that come novemeber that F6 vs GTP will be being pondered by many people. The real compition will be a 300kw SS vs FORD. I have been reading about that LS2 and let me say come Feb I will have to give that a look as well.

#116 ·
GTPChris said:
I bet a supercharged GT-P could out perform a turbo 6 anyday. Like i said, "Room for future expansion"
How's an aps stage 3 kit sound for the typhoon?

GTPChris said:
Anyway.....As far as i'm concerned, V8's will always seperate the men from the boys.
If my dad (49 this year), buys an F6 Typhoon, and it outdoes your GTP in price and performance, what are you going to say then? You can't use that line..

XRFPV8 said:
hi ChuBBz, where to these cars under perform ??
ET:13.6 with a CAI & ZORST is not under performing is it ???
I'd say keep it to stock form, you can mod a 6 too, you know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.