Flash and good? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-05, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
MCHLUV
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sydney
Posts: 112
Flash any good?

my mate has recommended i let him install me a flash to my T. reckons it's the best bang for my buck! $2200. He said there's a some sort of control where i can switch it back to stock spec in like a second, in case the boys at ford don't like my mods! hehe
so i'm just wondering if the flashes are any good, and how much more bang can the mk2 engines/drivetrain handle before they become tired and unreliable!?? also, does anyone know what boost the mk2 T's come out with, everyone is sayin something different!?

MCHLUV is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-05, 06:23 PM
wog edit tuner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: melbourne
Posts: 64
Re: Flash and good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHLUV
my mate has recommended i let him install me a flash to my T. reckons it's the best bang for my buck! $2200. He said there's a some sort of control where i can switch it back to stock spec in like a second, in case the boys at ford don't like my mods! hehe
so i'm just wondering if the flashes are any good, and how much more bang can the mk2 engines/drivetrain handle before they become tired and unreliable!?? also, does anyone know what boost the mk2 T's come out with, everyone is sayin something different!?
can't be to much of a mate!

$2200 is a lot to pay for an edit!!!

most shops are doing the edit 3 custom tunes for $1500

280rwkw for the auto is safe

290rwkw for the manual is safe

4-6psi dependant on conditions at the time as they are variable!!!

when only the wog will do!!!
dynowog is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-05, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
MCHLUV
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sydney
Posts: 112
biggrin Re: Flash and good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynowog
can't be to much of a mate!

$2200 is a lot to pay for an edit!!!

most shops are doing the edit 3 custom tunes for $1500

280rwkw for the auto is safe

290rwkw for the manual is safe

4-6psi dependant on conditions at the time as they are variable!!!

yeh??? 1500!? any in sydney you can recommend? 4-6 is low! i think i'll try it at 10!
MCHLUV is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-05, 08:02 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tatura
Posts: 54
Re: Flash and good?

dude my whole flasher unit (CAPA) was close to $1,500 tuned right to my car.

don't pay $2,200 unless theres at least a stainless cat-back in the package...or a bigger CAI.

Call CAPA or Herrod.....

XR6T - CAPA Ford Flasher - K&N HF Filter - Turbosmart BOV - still building!
VenomXRT is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-05, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
MCHLUV
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sydney
Posts: 112
Re: Flash and good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomXRT
dude my whole flasher unit (CAPA) was close to $1,500 tuned right to my car.

don't pay $2,200 unless theres at least a stainless cat-back in the package...or a bigger CAI.

Call CAPA or Herrod.....

damn! i think my mate see's my age, my car.........thinks i got cash to kill! bastard! thanks guys.
MCHLUV is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-05, 08:34 AM
wog edit tuner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: melbourne
Posts: 64
Re: Flash and good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHLUV
yeh??? 1500!? any in sydney you can recommend? 4-6 is low! i think i'll try it at 10!
thats std the std capa maps are 8 & 10 psi!!!

there are a few and there are some that travel like simon gtp330 with chris and i travel too!!!!

think they have some sydney tunes lined up!!!

or pm me and we can try organise or find some one for you!!!

when only the wog will do!!!
dynowog is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-05, 08:45 AM
walking power
 
Fordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: who cares
Posts: 3,035
Re: Flash and good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynowog
can't be to much of a mate!

$2200 is a lot to pay for an edit!!!

most shops are doing the edit 3 custom tunes for $1500

280rwkw for the auto is safe

290rwkw for the manual is safe

!!
Yeah......but with what mods??????
Fordy is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-05, 08:57 AM
wog edit tuner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: melbourne
Posts: 64
Re: Flash and good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
Yeah......but with what mods??????
how much more bang can the mk2 engines/drivetrain handle before they become tired and unreliable!??

just answering this question!!!!

and as most will tell you ive tested drivelines till they break!!!

as to power expected well every car is different and so is every dyno!!!

when only the wog will do!!!
dynowog is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-05, 02:42 PM
Registered User
 
Aussie_Geo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 60
Posts: 170
Re: Flash any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHLUV
my mate has recommended i let him install me a flash to my T. reckons it's the best bang for my buck! $2200. He said there's a some sort of control where i can switch it back to stock spec in like a second, in case the boys at ford don't like my mods! hehe
so i'm just wondering if the flashes are any good, and how much more bang can the mk2 engines/drivetrain handle before they become tired and unreliable!?? also, does anyone know what boost the mk2 T's come out with, everyone is sayin something different!?
Mate if you live in Sydney I highly recommend you check out the Xtreme sponsored area on these forums. They are arranging a sydney trip to do some cars there. I have attached the dyno for my typhoon, as you can see they can really make these girls sing, and they really look after their customers. I speak from personal experience and have no commercial connection to them, just oner very happy customer.

Word of warning though....... once you start you will never be satisfied but its all good.

Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peter phoon.jpg (1.7 KB, 289 views)

Velocity Typhoon with Tint
340 rwkw, 720 Nm
High flow Cat, K&N pod filter, bigger injectors, exhaust and Xtreme Tune.
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-05, 02:45 PM
Registered User
 
Aussie_Geo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 60
Posts: 170
Re: Flash any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Geo
Mate if you live in Sydney I highly recommend you check out the Xtreme sponsored area on these forums. They are arranging a sydney trip to do some cars there. I have attached the dyno for my typhoon, as you can see they can really make these girls sing, and they really look after their customers. I speak from personal experience and have no commercial connection to them, just oner very happy customer.

Word of warning though....... once you start you will never be satisfied but its all good.

Peter
\

This time with the right attachment DHOH!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg peter phoon.jpg (81.7 KB, 154 views)

Velocity Typhoon with Tint
340 rwkw, 720 Nm
High flow Cat, K&N pod filter, bigger injectors, exhaust and Xtreme Tune.
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome