fpv brake squeel - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 02:39   #1 (permalink)

fpv brake squeel

hey everyone out there that has a typhoon,GT,xr6t or anyone whose car is fitted with fpv standard brakes.
I got mine about 3 weeks ago and when it hit about 500kms brakes started to squeel.
The thing is that it happens under really light driving and the only way to stop it is to brake late and hard.
Took it back to springwood ford and they said they have tried to everything they can.
Next thing they told me is that i had to ring ford australia and ask them what to do about it.
They then transferd me to a dude from fpv and he said he would talk to springwood ford and see if they could rectify the problem.
But as it turns out that this is a problem with the pbr brakes and said that im on a list and that id basically have to live with it untill fpv came up with a solution.
No 1 **** that because when i drive this car people think yeah cool a typhoon untill i try to pull up without making the brakes squeel like a little ****in piggy.
but sure enough they sqeel and squeel and its pissing me right off till the point where i just ****ing lose it
I want to know if anyone else is having this problem with there car.
hard-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2005, 03:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: fpv brake squeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard-on
hey everyone out there that has a typhoon,GT,xr6t or anyone whose car is fitted with fpv standard brakes.
I got mine about 3 weeks ago and when it hit about 500kms brakes started to squeel.
The thing is that it happens under really light driving and the only way to stop it is to brake late and hard.
Took it back to springwood ford and they said they have tried to everything they can.
Next thing they told me is that i had to ring ford australia and ask them what to do about it.
They then transferd me to a dude from fpv and he said he would talk to springwood ford and see if they could rectify the problem.
But as it turns out that this is a problem with the pbr brakes and said that im on a list and that id basically have to live with it untill fpv came up with a solution.
No 1 **** that because when i drive this car people think yeah cool a typhoon untill i try to pull up without making the brakes squeel like a little ****in piggy.
but sure enough they sqeel and squeel and its pissing me right off till the point where i just ****ing lose it

Mate,

Your not the only one, mine does the same and she has the optional Brembos, not what you would expect for a $6K package! ..... like you say if you brake late and hard no problem, but if you try and just gently slow down for the lights ..... yuk

Solution is I go hard and brake late....... only trouble is that everyone thinks your a wanker thats trying to scare the be-jesus out of everyone at the lights

not too sure why they do this..... if you get a solution please let me know

Peter
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 05:35   #3 (permalink)

I share your embarassment.
Terebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 00:37   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard-on
Having the same issues. Although after talking to a few people, they did mention to change the pads (different ones that ford use, such as bendix) which may help?!!
Old 11-28-2005, 06:07   #5 (permalink)

i have a typhoon with pbr's and it annoys me too. exactly the same when braking lightly.
marth06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 17:32   #6 (permalink)

same here. It is frustrating pulling up at the lights in a typhoon that squeels. i just brake a little harder these days.
BDAZLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 18:16   #7 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Unfortunately the same here, although not too bad at this stage. My dealer has tld me that they have a fix for it that doesn't involve changing the pads or getting the disks machined. I'm not sure what it is but will find out when I next take her back.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:51   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Unfortunately the same here, although not too bad at this stage. My dealer has tld me that they have a fix for it that doesn't involve changing the pads or getting the disks machined. I'm not sure what it is but will find out when I next take her back.
Mate,

If it works please let us all know what they did. Its not a major thing, but as the rest of the guys have said...... not what you would expect froma +$60K vehicle......

Bloody hell I still love her

cheers

Peter
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:51   #9 (permalink)

has anybody tried using an anitsqueel compound between the pads and pistons..i have great success before using crc antisqueel compund on brakes that squeelled. a lot of brake squeel under light braking is the high frequency vibration between the disc and pad and brake piston. RTV gasket goo works well too. just provides a small damping surface that kills the squeel
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:16   #10 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

At 40,OOO Klm , I had the discs machined & changed to Bendix ultimate pads,
Squeal good for about 5,000KLM , now its back again with a vengeance

I suspect it is due to surface finish on the disc when heated.

Brett
BAGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo