Getting New Diff - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2005, 01:01   #1 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

Getting New Diff

My brothers car (XR6T obviously) went in today to get a new mag replaced under warranty, a blown fog light changed under warranty and a pcm flash. We also told them that there was some oil leakage around the diff. When we got back to the dealer they informed us that they have been directed by Ford to replace it. So we now await a new diff.

Apparently Ford are doing this to finally get on top of what is going on with these diffs. The diff we have in now is perfect, makes no noises, no clunks, and is beautiful. Our worst fear is getting a dud replacement.
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2005, 17:00   #2 (permalink)
Driving somewhere

Re: Getting New Diff

From what I've been told and read up on the next diff ford give you is usually worst than the orriginal. I am getting sick of mine espeacialy in crawling traffic but if you drive it hard you dont notice it. I travel past the Dana plant at Yenora/Fairfeld everyday and there is always a number of BA's sitting out front of what looks to be an inspection bay. Nearly all cars have VIC number plates maybe Ford gave Dana these cars to once and for all saught out this diff problem as I know some people have been through 4 or 5 diffs and the problem is still there
fpvtyphoon4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 19:20   #3 (permalink)
Horse-Power Hungry

Mine clunks really bad, pretty much the same as yours fpvtyphoon, in traffic and around the city. If I drive hard and double cluch into second when changing down it is o.k. Ford dealer told me to drive it hard and if it breaks they will fix it. This is all good and well but when the kids or family are in the car I won't drive like this and the clunking and thumping is almost embarrasing for a new car. I am used to it now and have given up on getting the dealer to fix it. As they say 'its a characteristic of the car'
Old 01-06-2005, 06:00   #4 (permalink)
▲▼I ♥ XR6T's ▲▼

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvtyphoon4L
I travel past the Dana plant at Yenora/Fairfeld everyday...
Im not far from there. Didnt know Dana were there. If i did i would have egged the joint by now.

I think i've earned my stripes...

Θ°° Fusion - 18's in Shadow Chrome°°Θ

----------------------------
For a Ford, see Dean (AKA RATT) at Peter Warren Smithfield for a great deal...
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 19:12   #5 (permalink)
Driving somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
Im not far from there. Didnt know Dana were there. If i did i would have egged the joint by now.
Mate right opposite the Wollies distribution centre. look for the roller door thats open day and night with the fords lined up waiting to go on the hoist
Old 01-06-2005, 20:49   #6 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

hmmmm...... I can see a late night meeting of Sydney's manual Ford drivers in the Fairfield region...around the end of this month.....Woolies distribution centre........should have plenty of eggs......

Poster has no memory of submitting the above and will claim temporary insanity if asked
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:00   #7 (permalink)
▲▼I ♥ XR6T's ▲▼

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv f6t
hmmmm...... I can see a late night meeting of Sydney's manual Ford drivers in the Fairfield region...around the end of this month.....Woolies distribution centre........should have plenty of eggs......

Poster has no memory of submitting the above and will claim temporary insanity if asked
I work for Wollies so i can get a 5% discount too...

I think i've earned my stripes...

Θ°° Fusion - 18's in Shadow Chrome°°Θ

----------------------------
For a Ford, see Dean (AKA RATT) at Peter Warren Smithfield for a great deal...
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 17:41   #8 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
I work for Wollies so i can get a 5% discount too...
Can i have some eggs too?

Can't wait to get this new diff so I can report back here how good or bad it is. Here's hoping it is good, otherwise I will make a trip to where Dana is and get some discounted eggs.

Paul
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 19:53   #9 (permalink)
Driving somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordACE
Can i have some eggs too?

Can't wait to get this new diff so I can report back here how good or bad it is. Here's hoping it is good, otherwise I will make a trip to where Dana is and get some discounted eggs.

Paul
Be sure to let us know how you go paul.
Old 01-24-2005, 13:15   #10 (permalink)

I have a new diff on order too, the current diff was clunking, so when i took it in to get a few things fixed, i told them about it, and they ordered me a newie... heres hoping its gonna be a decent one!
4LTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo