Grey Ghost clutch finally dies - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2005, 22:14   #1 (permalink)

Grey Ghost clutch finally dies

The Grey Ghost finally gave up on the clutch last night. Of course being Saturday there was no one at McI nerneys who knew anything about what had been promised, so no loan car etc, usual wait til monday stuff. Lynfords had a car waiting in 10 minutes so they got the Ghost back and also an order for a N/A Xr6 .
It will be very interesting to see what happens now as apparently FPV were quite fine promising customers FPV cars while they wait for a fix, BUT THE DEALERS ARN'T as they have to cop all the cost. I can't see how FPV are going to last much longer as a viable concern if they can't get themselves organised a little better. I got a tarted up BA XT classic for the weekend, and hopefully if the Temp fix is actually available, as nobody really seems to know, then the car will be ready next week. If there is no such thing as a temp fix then only god knows, which is all a bit of a bummer as I was just starting to become happy with the car Still at least I knew the clutch was on borrowed time.
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2005, 22:19   #2 (permalink)
walking power

Re: Grey Ghost clutch finally dies

Whats with the na xr6???
Old 02-04-2005, 22:30   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
Whats with the na xr6???

It's a car for a rep in QLD
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 02-05-2005, 03:09   #4 (permalink)

Give me a job :D
Falcon-DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 04:41   #5 (permalink)

Doc, sorry to hear about the clutch failure. I too have had the dreaded phone call from Hamish at FPV re: my typhoon (44). He told me about the "storage" option and he said that Ford would replace my Typhoon with a GT until a proper fix had been determined and more importantly validated. Wekk I decided to stick with my phoon as they told me that when the clutch goes it is not a life threatening situation. They reckon it just gets very hard to change gears at low speeds... is this what happened with yours?

Also bloody great to see that we now have a real "tuner" in Perth..... if they ever solve this clutch problem I will have to give GTP a call :)

cheers

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 13:08   #6 (permalink)
MADABOUTFORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
The Grey Ghost finally gave up on the clutch last night. Of course being Saturday there was no one at McI nerneys who knew anything about what had been promised, so no loan car etc, usual wait til monday stuff. Lynfords had a car waiting in 10 minutes so they got the Ghost back and also an order for a N/A Xr6 .
It will be very interesting to see what happens now as apparently FPV were quite fine promising customers FPV cars while they wait for a fix, BUT THE DEALERS ARN'T as they have to cop all the cost. I can't see how FPV are going to last much longer as a viable concern if they can't get themselves organised a little better. I got a tarted up BA XT classic for the weekend, and hopefully if the Temp fix is actually available, as nobody really seems to know, then the car will be ready next week. If there is no such thing as a temp fix then only god knows, which is all a bit of a bummer as I was just starting to become happy with the car Still at least I knew the clutch was on borrowed time.
I'm sorry to hear that the clutch gave way Hypnodoc. I'm not sure where you stand in relation to future ford products but I have heard that they are going to releasea 6-speed auto in the next model cycle. I reckon a Typhoon type package with a SSS 6-speed auto could just hit the spot? If its a tough auto then tunability might be something to behold. Look at what APS are doing with the XR6T autos. Best of luck with FPV. Cheers.
Blueblud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 16:59   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblud
I'm sorry to hear that the clutch gave way Hypnodoc. I'm not sure where you stand in relation to future ford products but I have heard that they are going to releasea 6-speed auto in the next model cycle. I reckon a Typhoon type package with a SSS 6-speed auto could just hit the spot? If its a tough auto then tunability might be something to behold. Look at what APS are doing with the XR6T autos. Best of luck with FPV. Cheers.
Mate the dealer was very good yesterday and helped immediately. The clutch was always a disaster waiting to happen so it was expected and they have looked after me well but I think I would prefer the Typhoon in a manual. They gave me an exceptional deal on a fully optioned MKII N/A XR6 yesterday morn as well. I had an initial dummy spit over the inexcusable release with a dodgy clutch but once it gets rectified all will be well.
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 02-06-2005, 01:58   #8 (permalink)

As far as i know, i don't think there is a temp fix. I wanted it done to mine, but the dealer and FPV gave me the runaround, so it seems to me there is no such thing. Until i hear of it, then i will believe it
beaver429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 02:53   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver429
As far as i know, i don't think there is a temp fix. I wanted it done to mine, but the dealer and FPV gave me the runaround, so it seems to me there is no such thing. Until i hear of it, then i will believe it
Your right there is no temp fix. Thats the reason for the so-called "storage option" they can fit a bigger circlip spring but they already say that it is not a "proper" fix. They will keep your F6 in storage until they have validated what the proper fix is... but they do not know when this will be.

For the time being if you own a typhoon you can wither swap it for a GT... if your lucky to find a dealer that will honour FPV's promise or do as I do.... keep on driving and pray.

cheers

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 19:08   #10 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

I'd swap for a GT, at least your not racking up kms on your own car...

Dave.
-------------------------------
"Can't sleep, Clown'll eat me, can't sleep, clown'll eat me"
"I am the angel of death, the time of purification is at hand"
-------------------------------
fordboy1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo