Heard my first turbo today, - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2002, 22:56   #1 (permalink)

Heard my first turbo today,

Well i took my XR6 VCT in for a service today, or should i say 10 warranty jobs. Anyways when i was waiting outside i seen this brand new XR6 turbo being delievered in Acid Rush. Anyways thisarvo when i went to pick my car up, the Turbo had been registered and had been tinted. Looked pretty good but i couldnt believe it when i noticed it was a company Demo for some boss of the service department to drive around in. I thought they wouldnt allow that as they have so many customers waiting for the turbos. Anyways it was an very nice car, also had the factory sunroof.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2002, 01:16   #2 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

They sound pretty good. Yes it seems pretty strange, would think the dealershipo would want to get Turbos to paying cutomers before giving them to employees.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 16:57   #3 (permalink)
T/Control for sheilas

UMMM. If the dealership did not have demo's, how would you be able to drive it before you bought it? I suppose the XR6T is that good, you don't need to drive before you buy.
Old 12-02-2002, 17:24   #4 (permalink)
Australian Member

Re: Heard my first turbo today,

Quote:
Originally posted by BIGBADAU
Well i took my XR6 VCT in for a service today, or should i say 10 warranty jobs. Anyways when i was waiting outside i seen this brand new XR6 turbo being delievered in Acid Rush. Anyways thisarvo when i went to pick my car up, the Turbo had been registered and had been tinted. Looked pretty good but i couldnt believe it when i noticed it was a company Demo for some boss of the service department to drive around in. I thought they wouldnt allow that as they have so many customers waiting for the turbos. Anyways it was an very nice car, also had the factory sunroof.
What are the 10 Warranty jobs that you are having done to your car???
shorsfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 20:05   #5 (permalink)

10 Warranty Jobs, well here we go

1. 2 New key fobs and new remote locking sensor.
2. Rattle in both front doors.
3. Recall due to cooling problem, this was done on all AU2's excluding Fairmont/Ghia.
4. Brakes had to be worked on, had to replace one part.
5. Windscreen rubber had to be replaced.
6. Black door protection mould had to be replaced.
7. Steering had to have a full alignment, i only had to pay for half that for some reason.
8. Side Indicator Lenses had water in them, had to be replaced.

So yeah sorry there was only 8, i thought there was 10. Nevermind, all is fixed now and its going great. LOVE IT.
Old 12-02-2002, 20:08   #6 (permalink)

Reply to Gadget man, the car in question is for the service manager and isnt allowed to be driven by anyone else. Its a load of c%$*.
Old 12-02-2002, 20:57   #7 (permalink)
کhậ۴ţ

Quote:
Originally posted by BIGBADAU
Reply to Gadget man, the car in question is for the service manager and isnt allowed to be driven by anyone else. Its a load of c%$*.

Then it cant be a Demo.

shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo