how to: battery swap - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2006, 03:55   #1 (permalink)
"MYF60"

how to: battery swap

g'day guys, just a quick question,call me cheap or a tight ass or what ever but id like to say i did some of the work to my car myself so ive decided to swap the battery to the other side so dose anyone have any info on how to do the battery swap them selfs? like where they ran the new power cables, weather or not they connected new ones or extended the olds ones, any info would be a great help, thanks heaps guys
fat pipes, power torque engines, tuffcarparts.com

CHOMP CHOMP ALL THEM IMPORTS FOR LUNCH
1day_tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2006, 01:53   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: how to: battery swap

Why the battery shift?.

Is it in the way of some mods on the original side.
Old 07-01-2006, 21:35   #3 (permalink)
"MYF60"

yes if u have seen under the hood you will notice the air filter for the turbo is on the other side of the engine bay so by swapping the battery over to the other side you can then pipe the air filter striaght off the front of the turbo geiving it much colder air in and as well shortn the path the air has to flow to get to the turbo by a meter or so.
as well as the pod filter to the turbo you can then pipe the cooler piping stright into the standard plenium chamber increasing boost and air flow. ill post so dyno inprovements of this work as soon as im back from hols and have had it dyno'd

Old 07-01-2006, 23:40   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1day_tornado
yes if u have seen under the hood you will notice the air filter for the turbo is on the other side of the engine bay so by swapping the battery over to the other side you can then pipe the air filter striaght off the front of the turbo geiving it much colder air in and as well shortn the path the air has to flow to get to the turbo by a meter or so.
as well as the pod filter to the turbo you can then pipe the cooler piping stright into the standard plenium chamber increasing boost and air flow. ill post so dyno inprovements of this work as soon as im back from hols and have had it dyno'd
Ahh I see your reasons now.

Would be interesting how much of an improvement could be gained simply from doing that.
Old 07-05-2006, 21:20   #5 (permalink)

I have been thinking of doing this as well. I would be very interested to see how you get on.
Turbo4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:11   #6 (permalink)
"MYF60"

well ive done the swap and the pipe work is all done ill show you guys monday what power gains are had from doing this swap stay tunned

Old 07-14-2006, 15:02   #7 (permalink)

Bring it on....cant wait
Old 07-16-2006, 18:33   #8 (permalink)
"MYF60"

well got some bad news, cant get ute dynod for another week as the guy who dynos my ute is away sick, but as soon as i have the print out ill post it up with some pics

Old 07-19-2006, 15:58   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1day_tornado
well got some bad news, cant get ute dynod for another week as the guy who dynos my ute is away sick, but as soon as i have the print out ill post it up with some pics
Are you going to fit a box around the pod filter or leave it open.?

I have seen some guys take out their headlight to get the cold air in when they take it down the strip.Wondering how hard it is to take out the BA headlight
Old 07-20-2006, 01:11   #10 (permalink)
"MYF60"

yes i am going to build a box around the pod, also im going to remove the battery plate that the old bettery sat on and run a cold air pipe from the front bar up to the pod so that its getting forced cold air. but in saying that where it sits now everytime i finish driving it some where i have been checking to see how cold the pod is and the how cold the air pipe is and they have both been pretty cold so its already getting cold air as it is which is great! bring on the pipes feed the pod direct cold air!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo