How many faults does your BA-Bloody Awful have - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2005, 08:00   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down How many faults does your BA-Bloody Awful have

I have been reading a few posts on here and have gotten the general idea that these Ba turbos can go like a rocket if you enhance them, which is great. However seeing as I need my warranty to be retained because my Turbo is back at ford every three weeks for a repair I think modifying it would somehow put me out of pocket for any repairs taht need doing.
Here is my list of Ford F/ups.
Diff seal leaks 3000ks
Machine front brakes 7k, 15k, 22k,30k, at 45k they replaced discs.
Replace fifth gear synchro at 7k.
Replaced gearbox at 25k due to 4th synchro going 2nd has been crap since the replacement.
Exhaust hits something when turning left. Ford don't know how to fix this one!!
Diff has clunked since day one and is an embarrassment. Have had additive put in diff to help clutches as they used to bind. Now getting two rear cv joints and shafts on Monday. I bet the diff still clunks.
The heater box is leaking the air con is leaking, the technician scratched my tinted windows yes replacing a window rubber!! However these are going to get fixed.And the list goes on. So now you can see why I am to scared to do any mods on this car. BA, wheels car of the year,yeah so was the camira......
glalor351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2005, 15:55   #2 (permalink)

Re: How many faults does your BA-Bloody Awful have

Once the rotors are machined flat again, throw away the factory pads. Fit a Ferodo formula pad,(DB1473FF) with dba rotors if you drive hard and the problem goes away.
Yes it will be at your cost, but it will save you going back to ford every few thousand km.
Blueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 16:07   #3 (permalink)
Conan

I have a theory about cars and drivers. I your car has three major faults per 50,000km - get rid of it - it is a lemon or worn out. The next car off the lot may not have the same problems. If you have three minor bingles in a car - get rid of it before the big one! If you have three cars all with continuing problems - look at yourself. You are too hard on your cars. Anyhow, my BA Turbo has not had an ounce of problems, and neither has the GT-P
Old 02-23-2005, 16:17   #4 (permalink)

Had the brakes skimmed at 15'000k's herrod upgrade very shortly and the only other problem was the clicking of the front end at full lock but ford repaired that and have'nt had a problem with the car since got a heap of other herrod mods to retain the warrenty from ford and she's putting out 300fwkw gotta love the turbo's
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 16:34   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan
I have a theory about cars and drivers. I your car has three major faults per 50,000km - get rid of it - it is a lemon or worn out. The next car off the lot may not have the same problems. If you have three minor bingles in a car - get rid of it before the big one! If you have three cars all with continuing problems - look at yourself. You are too hard on your cars. Anyhow, my BA Turbo has not had an ounce of problems, and neither has the GT-P
I'll have to agree. I have had problems with my TS50 and Typhoon but all minor. Since this post is for BA's here are my Typhoon fixes -

- Driveline shunt but we have all spoken about this in other threads (has any BA owner managed to get this fixed????)
- Back right window never worked but fixed under warranty
- Airbag decided to stop working fixed under warranty
- Back right suspension was clunking, apparently something was loose fixed under warranty

All minor and haven't really bothered me. My rep from Ford lives close by so for all work he picks up my car and leaves his MKII pursuit for me to drive until he brings my car back that night. Overall still happy as a pig in shit with the Typhoon. Looking forward to edit soon though.

Matt
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 16:52   #6 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Mattm you raise a good point - the way faults are dealt with by dealers makes a large difference to how happy the customer ends up!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 18:32   #7 (permalink)
Turbotuff

only had one problem with my turbop ute and that was teh passenger window going slow. it took them an hour to fix and has been sweet since. not had a problem with my brakes or anything else for that matter
Old 02-23-2005, 20:12   #8 (permalink)
XR6 Turbo Ute

New: Remote locking not working.
New: Hard cover catching on rear window when closed.
5,000: Oil cap thread broke and bits dropped into head. Head removed to remove bits.
30,000: Front brakes skimmed at 30,000.

Other than that.. all sweet. Sound like i've had a good run compared......
Old 02-24-2005, 00:25   #9 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattm
- Airbag decided to stop working fixed under warranty
Hope you didnt find out the hard way?
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:57   #10 (permalink)
OFR No.33

I've had 2 BA XR6Turbo's and both have been great. The first had a couple of little things that were fixed when it was being serviced and this one is simply awesome. I have put Ferodo Formula pads on the front and will soon be putting the DBA 4000series slotted rotors on the front aswell. The only reason i'm doing this is that i intend to do track days at some stage. I was also noticing that when pulling up from 200kmph after running the 1/4 mile that the brakes were not quite up to it. The pad change fixed this and changing the rotors is just more insurance for the track.

RIP BOOF 28/02/03-20/08/04 12.24@115.38mph
.....HPF.....
geea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo