Importing a F6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2005, 01:39   #1 (permalink)

Question Importing a F6

Sup everyone,

Well to skip the bs and get to the point i have fallen in love with the Ford F6 Typhoon...But there is just one problem. I live in CANADA! It's only halfway across the world. Shipping it is not the problem, its importing it. Now all sites that tell you what you can import dont list cars other then what is made in United States/Canada because its not common for someone to import a ozzy car. Now i was wondering if anyone knows if i can legally bring a F6 into Canada.

Any help would be very VERY helpful!

Have good one
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2005, 02:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: Importing a F6

Maybe asking some Canadians about this would yield better results?

I mean, do you think many Australians would know Canada's laws on these things?

Getting an F6 from Australia to Canada would be fine, but no idea if you could drive it there.
Falcon-DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:50   #3 (permalink)

Most Canadians dont even know what a Falcon is lol...I was just hoping maybe someone out there would know, always that chance
Old 02-26-2005, 05:25   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut
Most Canadians dont even know what a Falcon is lol...I was just hoping maybe someone out there would know, always that chance
I would first find out what type of immission laws you guys have, are you allowed to drive right hand drive cars in canada. what import taxes if any?your local department of motor vehicles should be able to tell ou of any import regs./
good luck.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 05:58   #5 (permalink)

Also, I would advice on buying a second hand one with the mods already done.. doubt you will find it easy to get done once it's over there.
Falcon-DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 06:11   #6 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

you can pretty much import any car. its the fact that if your allowed to use it there or not. i would get ALL the details of the F6 (engine, trans, emission and all that) and go talk to your local department of transport (or what ever you call it).
really if you can afford to do it but cant legally drive it, im sure you have a race track or two around?
Old 02-26-2005, 12:54   #7 (permalink)

I was thinkin if its not legal....If i could make em think it was a track car but use it as a occasinal driver on the streets (lie of course lol). You can drive pretty much any car in Canada its just getting it through customs. There are some cars that you cannot import like the Holden Monaro (AKA Pontiac GTO) you cant import because the bumpers dont meet our crash test laws. Anyway thanks for all helps guys
Old 02-27-2005, 16:49   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Sup everyone,

Well to skip the bs and get to the point i have fallen in love with the Ford F6 Typhoon...But there is just one problem. I live in CANADA! It's only halfway across the world. Shipping it is not the problem, its importing it. Now all sites that tell you what you can import dont list cars other then what is made in United States/Canada because its not common for someone to import a ozzy car. Now i was wondering if anyone knows if i can legally bring a F6 into Canada.

Have good one
Mate I have one of these things and I only have one question WHY?
I would hate to be in Canada when the warranty probs start , and being an FPV believe me they will
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 18:41   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Sup everyone,

Have good one
Mate thats a great idea... But get a falsher before u take it back so u can get it set up for the lower fuel you guys have... Whats the highest fuel you have ?
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 15:08   #10 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Well, as I recall, in British Columbia when I was there, there's no problem with having a RHD car. In fact, most countries are OK with having either LHD or RHD cars on their roads (Canada, America, Japan, Europe) it's just Australia that is anal about only letting LHD cars that are 25 years or older on the road (so much for passing ADR!).

I remember not having to have any kind of mechanical inspection at all in Vancouver when I had my Plymouth Grand Voyager re-registered - just a smog test. I mean, a catalytic converter isn't even a requirement in Canada! When I tried to have that car registered in California when I moved, they rejected it on the grounds that it didn't have a Cat! I ended up driving it back, selling it, and buying a Vanagon 4WD Syncro Camper (Called a VW Transporter in Australia)

I recall that the cost of shipping a car to Australia from San Francisco was about US $1k. I'd imagine the reverse to be about the same. As long as the car will fit into a container you'd be right.

You'll need to have the car pass through customs at Canada (and potentially quarantined and decontaminated if there is any dirt on it - at least that is the way it is in Australia), and you'll have an import duty to pay - generally a percentage of the purchase price of the car.

Assuming the RHD registration laws are OK, you'd have to see if there is a small-volume import law or some such in Canada. The car would either have to conform to normal Canadian road-worthiness laws, or could fit under the 'low volume import' rules and potentially be exempt as long as you could demonstrate compliance to overseas laws. At least, once again, that's what happens here.

I'd suggest either ringing companies that deal with international vehicle transfers (there is a company I recall shipping Canadian/US BMW's and Audi's back to Ireland for some reason - i think they were cheaper that way or something) or doing some research yourself with Canadian Customs and whatever your Vehicle Registration authority is.

And you might need to find yourself a contact in Australia that can buy the car for you and arrange the shipping from this end.

The guys at www.madmaxcars.com seem adept at shipping old XC Falcon Coupes to the US. Perhaps they can give you a hand getting a new Falcon to Canada - who knows!

And if you do get one, can you go visit my mate in Vancouver and show him what it is like?

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo