Ford Forums banner

Insurance:XR6T or XR8 cheaper?

3K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  IAN SCHMIDT 
#1 ·
Is there a difference in price between BA XR6T and XR8 insurance premium?

#2 ·
Well when I checked NRMA, XR8 was a good few hundred dollars more expensive, if I can remember correctly, for me it was about $1100 for the XR6 N/A, $1500 for the XR6T, and close to $2000 for the XR8

#9 ·
Yes - business use of a vehicle bumps up the price a fair bit over private use in general.

Typically the difference between the 8 and Turbo is not great in price.

Watch out though I have heard that some insurance companies won't even touch you on a turbo, XR8 or FPV unless you are over 30!!

#10 ·
When I tried NRMA online quotes back when they first added the BA models, the turbo was ~$1300 and the XR8 about ~$1600. I was surprised to say the least.

#16 ·
I've been quoted about $1200less 10% with an alarm for my XR8 at a market value of $40 000 and 50% NCB. Im also 21. This quote came from RACWA. I've also had no driving records.

I think it's cheap, besides it was the cheapest i've got.

Alex

#18 ·
When I rang AAMI late last year for a quote on an XR6T I was accidentally transferred to the Vic. office and yes it was only 460 odd dollars compared to S.A. 0f $560. I'm 48 rating 1. Forgot to mention, I'm classified "country" which gives a better rate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.