Interesting response towards the journos... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2005, 14:53   #1 (permalink)
MADABOUTFORDS

Interesting response towards the journos...

I have been on this site as a casual reader for years. Only joined recently because I thought I could contribute a little. Over the years have read many posts about journalistic bias etc.

I for my part take it into mind what is written about various cars that have been tested not as absolute fact but merely an opinion with some facts thrown in ( acceleration times/ lap times/ equipment lists etc). I think these comparisons are a useful guide which then allow the reader to narrow his search a little and then go out and test a few vehicles. Who has the time nowadays to search for weeks on end?

I run my own business and work many hours, courtesy of a marriage that went belly up, you know starting again.Grrrrr!!!Expletive!!! I think the journos contribution is useful, as is ours on this forum. We have quite an audience as well and our posts are merely opinion until proven as fact as far as other viewing persons are concerned. I think my decision to cancel the Typhoon order was correct for me and based on two articles in two papers about the clutch problems. One newspaper article would have not swayed me.

I am passionate about my fords (I've had 7 Falconsin a row) and will give the Typhoon another look after they've sorted it and derived a lot more speed. Otherwise if HSV get a decent rear end and get rid of the "Inspector Gadget" plastics I will have a real alternative choice and I will vote with my feet.
Blueblud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2005, 19:37   #2 (permalink)

Re: Interesting response towards the journos...

Putting a MANUAL transmission in a turbocharged car is only ever going to SLOW it down, and the tests prove it, the XR6T auto is the quickest. They spend millions on developing the technology, why take a step backwards with a redneck gearbox?
Old 01-29-2005, 20:02   #3 (permalink)
Circuit board dressups!

If I remember correctly, it's because they haven't got an auto that they think can handle the torque properly.
Old 01-31-2005, 20:01   #4 (permalink)

I would think the Manual is lineball with any Auto if you're a good driver?

I think its great that they put a manual in a performance car, its just a shame that the car aint that quick.
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo