To the journos at "MOTOR" - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-05, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
MADABOUTFORDS
 
Blueblud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 47
To the journos at "MOTOR"

I thought I would start a thread concerning articles we the public would like you to do. I think it would be interesting to see how cars compare with and without modifications. For example take a standard XR6T and make it compete with an "edited" XR6T of the same model and transmission. You could do this article indicating the cost of the modifiactions and by directly comparing against the standard car , in the same conditions, make it easier for people to decide on wheter modding the car is really helpful in the "real world".

I would suggest a limit on mods to say $5000. You would have to put a limit on it as the sky is the limit otherwise. what do you say "Captain"? Cheers.
Blueblud is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-05, 06:52 AM
MMM
Registered User
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth,WA
Posts: 67
Re: To the journos at "MOTOR"

i assume u mean engine mods? not physical looks, cause that 5 grand could go to modded leather seats :) just a thought
MMM is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-05, 08:04 AM
Registered User
 
jimt3te50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Age: 36
Posts: 316
Re: To the journos at "MOTOR"

the tuner editions of these magazines I would have thought would cater for what you are after- in fact I find them very good, exactly what you are saying.

besides, there are issues raised by doing that in a mainstream mag like motor with manufactures etc- specialist tuning mags for you I reckon.....

Aug build 2002 T3 TE50, blueprint, manual, brembo's, koni's + all the usual goodies 13.93 @ 103.9mph 2.364 60' (can only get better)
jimt3te50 is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-05, 03:19 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 18
Re: To the journos at "MOTOR"

I think motor looks more at just new models from the factory

not modifications, buy street machine or zoom for stuff like modifications.

Don't think motor will change there ways after all these years of doing what they do

Rob
Amazer is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-05, 05:20 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 63
Re: To the journos at "MOTOR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazer
I think motor looks more at just new models from the factory

not modifications, buy street machine or zoom for stuff like modifications.

Don't think motor will change there ways after all these years of doing what they do

Rob
Motor tested a prototype APS phase 1 XR6 Turbo Falcon a year or two ago, as well as a supercharged Commodore, not so long ago, so they aren't just testing standard factory fare.

I'd like to see a comparison, or even the same car, before and after.
prdreilly is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-05, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
MADABOUTFORDS
 
Blueblud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 47
Re: To the journos at "MOTOR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdreilly
Motor tested a prototype APS phase 1 XR6 Turbo Falcon a year or two ago, as well as a supercharged Commodore, not so long ago, so they aren't just testing standard factory fare.

I'd like to see a comparison, or even the same car, before and after.
Exactly the essence of what I mean. Either two identical cars and one with the modest "mods" or a before and after comparo. What do you think? Cheers.
Blueblud is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-05, 06:39 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 36
Re: To the journos at "MOTOR"

I'd like to see a direct comparison between an XR6T and a Typhoon. I still find it hard to believe that the Typhoon is SLOWER than an XR6T. It just doesnt add up to me.....
R33GTR is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-05, 07:58 PM
FF Moderator
 
CDAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Australia
Age: 46
Posts: 2,202
Re: To the journos at "MOTOR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by R33GTR
I'd like to see a direct comparison between an XR6T and a Typhoon. I still find it hard to believe that the Typhoon is SLOWER than an XR6T. It just doesnt add up to me.....
I know, I feel the same but logically speaking the '240'kw XR6T averages 190-195 rwkw (which is more like 260kw). Examples of stock F6 I've seen average 200 rwkw (which is more like 265-270kw). Add the extra weight all the extra FPV goodies and there you go. Despite this if the average XR6T manual can do very low 14's the F6 shouldn't be that far off if not the same.

As I've stated before, what your paying for with the F6 is a much nicer and stronger package with much greater potenial .ie stronger engine, clutch (!), bigger breaks, wheels, interior features etc etc.

Design for every step. www.cdaa.com.au

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-05, 02:38 AM
I am a Turbo Wanker
 
YOOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Brisbane
Age: 33
Posts: 2,379
Re: To the journos at "MOTOR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
I know, I feel the same but logically speaking the '240'kw XR6T averages 190-195 rwkw (which is more like 260kw). Examples of stock F6 I've seen average 200 rwkw (which is more like 265-270kw). Add the extra weight all the extra FPV goodies and there you go. Despite this if the average XR6T manual can do very low 14's the F6 shouldn't be that far off if not the same.

As I've stated before, what your paying for with the F6 is a much nicer and stronger package with much greater potenial .ie stronger engine, clutch (!), bigger breaks, wheels, interior features etc etc.
It would help if the F6's tune didn't have an marketing boost cut in the upper rev range.

256rwkw @ 1920kgs
YOOT is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-05, 03:33 AM
Registered User
 
Aussie_Geo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 59
Posts: 170
Re: To the journos at "MOTOR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
I know, I feel the same but logically speaking the '240'kw XR6T averages 190-195 rwkw (which is more like 260kw). Examples of stock F6 I've seen average 200 rwkw (which is more like 265-270kw). Add the extra weight all the extra FPV goodies and there you go. Despite this if the average XR6T manual can do very low 14's the F6 shouldn't be that far off if not the same.

As I've stated before, what your paying for with the F6 is a much nicer and stronger package with much greater potenial .ie stronger engine, clutch (!), bigger breaks, wheels, interior features etc etc.
Too right CDAA, as soon as FPV sort out the clutch (and I'd give a month or two after that just to be sure!) its off to either Peter at APS or Simon in Perth to make my F6 really sing. The main reason I held out for the Typhoon was the stronger internals and the fact that I get some nicer fruit (bigger brakes, larger wheels, larger intercooler, better sound system etc.) as well is a bonus - at a cost of course.

Got another phone call today from FPV...... they reckon they should finish testing of the clutch fix in about another two weeks ...... but then they have to order the replacements.... and who knows how long thats going to take

oh well still will not trade her for a GT unless I really have to.
Aussie_Geo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome