Modifying a Typhoon.. when you order it can you order wiithout some parts you plan on - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2005, 06:01   #1 (permalink)

Modifying a Typhoon.. when you order it can you order wiithout some parts you plan on

replacing?

Just to save a few dollars, seeing as you will be replacing them with custom parts yourself.

I'm scheming
Falcon-DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2005, 16:07   #2 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Re: Modifying a Typhoon.. when you order it can you order wiithout some parts you plan on

Some dealers can arrange this with the wheels, but I have not heard of this being done with mechanical components..yet

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 21:12   #3 (permalink)

Re: Modifying a Typhoon.. when you order it can you order wiithout some parts you plan on

I doubt they'd give it to you any cheaper anyway, your probably better off buying it, replacing the wheels or whatever and selling the originals to recover some of your money. i know one of my mates was buying an ss commodore, they come out stock with 17's and 18's are a $2000 option i think... you'd be better off buying it, selling the 17's and buying a new set of 18's, it would come out about $1000 cheaper...
4LTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 00:22   #4 (permalink)

I suspected you wouldn't get it any cheaper, but I thought it was worth asking
Falcon-DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 21:12   #5 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

How good would it be to have the support from FPV to do sucha thing. Subaru help their customers this way, you can delete option almost anything and even order STI parts upon delivery. All factory backed. Ofcourse, nothing beats the value of aftermarket mods, only there is that warrenty thing. With a Ford you probably want it more than a Subaru.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo