Mod'n up - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2006, 21:57   #1 (permalink)
Don't pat my dog

Mod'n up

Lads,
Be gentle, first timer.
Sorting out my first XR6T in a few weeks.Took man and auto for a spin and loved both.
Just a quick query about when you guys decided to throw in the warranty towel and start your mods.(voiding warranty). Dealer was quit straight forward about what I could do, nothing!!!!
At what stage did you guys say "I want more grunt, stuff your warranty"

cheers
RAPIDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2006, 03:01   #2 (permalink)
"MYF60"

Re: Mod'n up

hey buddy
go the manual!!
the honest best thing you could do when you first get your 6t is flog the utter shit out of it!! the harder you flog it the better, i know this cause my f6 ute pumped out 220rwkw / 780nm with a air filter the only mod. and i can say the only thing i did was flogged it.
as with your warrenty thing, i'd keep it for a couple of months, drive the car n flog it. ive had mine for 4 months and have already had her back to ford to get engine mounts changed and rear axels, so *'d say to drive it hard for a few months just to see if any thing brakes or anything like that and once youve got use to the power and its well run in and use to a thrashing id then say good bye to ford.

my ford dealer said mods only voids your warrenty if they can prove the mod you did caused the problem you have, so capa flash unit here we come!!!

good luck and happy boosting!
fat pipes, power torque engines, tuffcarparts.com

CHOMP CHOMP ALL THEM IMPORTS FOR LUNCH
1day_tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:02   #3 (permalink)
Don't pat my dog

Just been doing some homework, and found a good thread where the question was asked last year about whether a dude could mod up a work car. Some good reading. Just search for "warranty"
Think I'd just be happy with a work car full stop.
Most questions answered with simple seach.

cheers
Old 04-23-2006, 03:18   #4 (permalink)
Don't pat my dog

So when you go back to them sitting in the cab of a tow truck, after your clutch goes from thrashing the piss out of her, will Ford politely tell you to **ck off when they find the upgrade edit?????
Old 04-23-2006, 03:30   #5 (permalink)
"MYF60"

well i havent updated mine with capa flash tune yet, and the manager of the service department at my ford dealer ship told me to flog her to make it go faster and then after that do the capa flash tunner, i forgot the xr6t dont have the h/duty single plate clutch mine has, but mate i tore engine mounts and they where happy to replace them, and the 2 rear axels and i have heard of others with who have got 2 gear boxes out of ford still under warrenty, but at the end of the day its up to you, weather u want to be happy with your stocka for 3 yrs or your willing to grab the bull by the horns and have the balls and back pocket to mod up and take the kick backs as they come.

p.s. if you do it right you should have no troubles just hunt around and research heaps
fat pipes, power torque engines, tuffcarparts.com

CHOMP CHOMP ALL THEM IMPORTS FOR LUNCH
1day_tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:37   #6 (permalink)
Don't pat my dog

Would love hear the results. Post them up when it happens
I would have thought the edit question from Ford would be a yes or no answer depending on the mod. I'll do some more homework on this one.

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo