Mods To F6 Auto - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2006, 02:09   #1 (permalink)

Mods To F6 Auto

Just wondering if anyone has enhanced a F6 Auto.Mine has been chipped up to 275 RWKW.It will need a shift kit as some times it hits the Rev Limiter briefly whilst changing from 1st to 2nd in Performance Mode.I have been told that the shift kit will stop this as it will change gear quicker.It should also be better for the Trans clutches. Any Feedback?
AutoF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2006, 03:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: Mods To F6 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoF6
Just wondering if anyone has enhanced a F6 Auto.Mine has been chipped up to 275 RWKW.It will need a shift kit as some times it hits the Rev Limiter briefly whilst changing from 1st to 2nd in Performance Mode.I have been told that the shift kit will stop this as it will change gear quicker.It should also be better for the Trans clutches. Any Feedback?
That can be changed by usuing the edit software to change shit points and line presures in the box.
Take your car back to who ever tuned it and have them adjust the gear box settings.

Rob
rboksic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:43   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Rob,I am Planning to take it back but as these ZF Gearboxes are new my tuner has to check the wiring diagrams to check for any wiring changes and differences with this new gear box.
AutoF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 22:52   #4 (permalink)
BA Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboksic
That can be changed by usuing the edit software to change shit points and line presures in the box.
Take your car back to who ever tuned it and have them adjust the gear box settings.

Rob
I've been led to believe wont be as simple as that. The old BTR/ION tranny was a well documented transmission and therefor much easier to work on from a modification point of view.

The new one is not well known in the local modification scene, and it will take time before people are able to fully control the trans.

Besides, I was under the impression there was now a seperate computer control unit for the new auto. Doesnt make sense to me, but non-the-less.

AutoF6, youll probably find you are the giniepig when it comes to mods for the BFs now....
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo