Mods on the quiet ???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2005, 04:22   #1 (permalink)

Smile Mods on the quiet ????

Guys,

I'm a mechanican nummy so please forgive me if this is a stupid post .... but

I have a company car which gets replaced every 2 years, currently an XR6 NA but looking to upgrade to XR6T next car. I read (with jealous disbelief) the sort of power figures some people have through their mods. My problem is that I don't think my employer/fleet manager would think too kindly of my service guy reporting non standard mods being done to my car.

What could I get done to my XR6 and/or future XR6T that would give me a performance boost without being discoverable by dealer servicing / end of lease return? Simple component replacement (ie remove modded bit, replace original) before and after servicing would be fine. And what costs would be associated with this?

I just know someone out there has a 7000rwkw upgrade package that reverts back to stock within 2 minutes for sub $2000. (Didn't I tell you I was a nummy ......)

PS If anyone from a after market mods company reads this, this of the potential re insurance etc, go to work, and get back to me soon.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2005, 04:44   #2 (permalink)
Weapon of HSV Destruction

Re: Mods on the quiet ????

Hi Mate,

Prolly the best and most cost effective mod you could do for your XR6T is to buy a Flash or Stealth engine program edit. It can be changed to run performance programs as well as revert back to the stock standard program anytime you wanna get it serviced.

Check these links out-

www.herrodmotorsport.com.au

www.capa.com.au

Im ordering one for mine this week!
You wont believe the difference between the NA and the Turbo!

Good luck!

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 21:17   #3 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

That is all you need to know... Just the edit can take you from ~190rwkw standard to 250rwkw
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:17   #4 (permalink)

THanks guys - that looks like exactly the thing I/m after.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:26   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannopower
Hi Mate,

Prolly the best and most cost effective mod you could do for your XR6T is to buy a Flash or Stealth engine program edit. It can be changed to run performance programs as well as revert back to the stock standard program anytime you wanna get it serviced.

Check these links out-

www.herrodmotorsport.com.au

www.capa.com.au

Im ordering one for mine this week!
You wont believe the difference between the NA and the Turbo!

Good luck!
Dannopower,

Can you please let me know your thoughts when you get yours. Particularly what it adds down low. It looks pretty good on the dyno charts but interested to know how its registers on the gutfeel ometer.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:10   #6 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

what are you going to do if you crash the car and it gets towed? you wont have time then to change back the mods. at the end of the day your employer could send you a very big bill.
dont forget that it ISNT your property either so you could legally be charged with numerous other offenses as well if this did happen.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:36   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
dont forget that it ISNT your property either so you could legally be charged with numerous other offenses as well if this did happen.
Hi Dave

What offences would they be?

And legally charged... as opposed to illegally charged?
Toolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:44   #8 (permalink)
Weapon of HSV Destruction

Rhubard- I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. Look forward to it!

Davway- If you wanna live life wondering about all the 'what ifs', thats all well and good, anyone can wrap themselves in cotton wool and do nothing. What your saying is a legitimate point, but there is so many variables.

What we are talking about is a computer system program. Just software. It is not something that is visible, bolted on or illegal. In the case of a crash, lets say worse case scenario, Rhubarb is being a dickhead in his edited XR6T and has a smash.

Firstly, he gets booked anyway, whether his car has been edited or not.

Secondly, there is NO VISIBLE difference what so ever with his now damaged car, the engine head bolts are still virgins, never been cracked. Nothing under the bonnet is any different to the day he got it, except now its a bit bent up! There is no reason to suspect any form of modification.

Thirdly, lets say after all the digging around they plug a standard tuning tool into the now damaged car, all the tuning tool will show is an error signal, which could be caused in a standard vehicle as a result of the crash.

The XR6T computer does not store a time and date of the last time the system was upgraded, in fact simply disconnecting the battery can affect the system program. So even if there was an investigation and it went this far, to prove that the car has been edited is extremely difficult.

Like i said, this is an extreme worse case scenario. I really think this is by far the most advanced, efficient and best value for money modification that car tuning has seen for a long time. The XR6 turbo has such an awesome amount of potential locked away inside, the days of getting your hands dirty with backyard bolt-on mods are definately on their way out.

Mate, i love my ute and wouldnt do anything to her if i thought it was detrimental to the life of the vehicle. But i have done a lot of research about these things and cant wait to unleash the fire thats in her belly!

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 14:00   #9 (permalink)

Has anyone done the Herrod Stealth on F6 yet? If not what edit programs have you guys used and for what results?

Matt
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 20:45   #10 (permalink)
Beastmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman
Hi Dave

What offences would they be?
Breech of contract etc. Civil offence like the sort you would commit by for example using a Hertz rentacar in demolition derby.

If you are not the owner of a vehicle and this applies to leased vehicles as well as rental or work vehicles and you do something to or with it that contravenes any clause of the contract (and there WILL be one somewhere) then you are legally, both criminally and civilly, responsible.
N.B. this does not apply normally to vehicles on HP or chattel mortgage as YOU are the deemed to be the owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman
And legally charged... as opposed to illegally charged?
Yeh sorta like f**king smartarse as opposed to a smartarse that never has sex.
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo