More Brembo Issues - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2006, 05:03   #1 (permalink)

More Brembo Issues

Sept '06 Tornado
Day 1
Ahem run in - country backroads.
Limit of chassis found.
Pad 'knock-back' loss of pedal found. Scary after getting out of Harrop equipped Maloo!
Oh & metallic skimming sound from front rotors (loud to very loud) when stuffing into a turn w/o brakes
Has anyone resisted the pre-occupation with power mod issues to drive the shit out of the car & so be able to verify yet another design fault?
I can produce the grinding sound around Sydney just so people on the street can be almost sure that the idiots car is about to be 'found on road dead'

Seriously though, the dealer won't be able to fix this (already had some fun with them) because there is no obvious fault.
Pads now have anti- vibration shims attached & the factory applies never seize copper based lube to pad ends where they contact inside of caliper.
No rotor run-out - every thing cool.
No Ford dealer on the planet is ever going to be able to SEE a problem with this car.

But it's got one, & guess what, I'm the first person to ever mention it!

Just like when I complained to HSV that the rear suspension suffered from severe 'wind-up'. Lo & behold they had whacked on an extra adjustable link with the 6.0 VZ. (Denied that there was a problem with my VY11 though!)

Anyway guys & girls some back-up on the brakes would be nice.

My diagnosis is flex in upper control arm coupled with weakness in caliper bracket rattling the pads. Oh yeah, has 19in rims.

Finally, I was wondering why if you opted for 6 piston brembos you'd only get 2 piston PBRs on the rear of the ute...........................until I spent half of my saturday reading most of this forum.
Aussie Pete's bitter experiences in '03 provided the answer...... very interesting!

Ford STILL have not properly engineered a world class proprietary braking system. (Well in actual fact off the shelf calipers & rotors). Yet Ron Harrop in a small factory has no problem engineering his braking system for HSV.
HSV now use AP on the R8s because that's what HRT uses. Not having driven a VZ in anger I can only wonder if HSV engineered the AP 4 piston brakes properly after the Harrop era?

I'm thinking it's going to be easier to fix the Tornado brakes myself than be subjected to the bullshit & Orwellian 'doublespeak'

Already one interesting conversation with FPV. Note they ALWAYS phone you - nothing in writing. So you say " I am not able to talk right now, can you please respond in writing". Then you wait........& wait...
Still waiting

Take care folks.
anthem996r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2006, 23:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: More Brembo Issues

Um the pad knock off hasnt been an issue since early BA days i was led to believe?
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo