My XR6T review - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2002, 13:59   #1 (permalink)
Spoolin' GT40

biggrin My XR6T review

Im fortunate enough to have put about 500km on my car and drove a XR6T ute with SSS for a handful of hard kms.

Well Iíve owned a number of turbocharged fast cars, a 13sec Nissan 180SX, twin turbo Toyota Chaser, V8 Holden HG and a 12second turbo rotary. The XR6T is unlike any car Iíve ever owned.

The response from the engine is instant, with virtually no turbo lag. Which means no sudden Ďslam you back into your seatí turbo rush. The power is constant. Drive by wire is interesting as well. Almost no lag from when the foot touches the pedal to the power hitting the ground. If youíve read all the other reviews, they are spot on.

As highlighted in Autospeeds review, the car is easy to stall off the line. It does need a little more rpm to get it moving, but you quickly adjust to it. And when it does stall, the drive line jumps around a bit. Having said that, I mentioned this to my wife, and she had no problems with it.

Iíve heard no diff noise and had no problems with the T5. Having said that, the T5 is no Nissan 5 speed. Auto SSS is a nice piece of gear. Craps on the magna version.

I spoke to one jurno and he said that the box wasnít all that good. I know how these cars are treated. They are thrashed from pillar to post. Iíve done it when handed the keys to press cars, and have driven press cars with dead clutches and rough boxes. WRX STi and Evo press cars spring to mind. And I donít blame them, I had a drive of the XR6T ute and thrashed the crap out of it! This info should be taken into mind when reading any car review.

The ute is way to light in the back, but thatís what you get when a work ute meets a performance car. I think ford should look at making a city ute. Much like the city 4WD, like all the clowns who speed big bucks on a landcruiser and it never leave the tarmac. An XR6T ute with sedan suspension and TC. Save the leaf spring utes for the workman. Iím not sure how the FPV Pursuit Ute is going to its 290Kw to the ground?!?!?!?

Anyway, itís a great car and should be BFYB champ. Itís a whole generation ahead of the SV8/SS and make the SV8/SS look agricultural in its driving dynamics.

esky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2002, 15:02   #2 (permalink)
کhậ۴ţ

NIce words :)

However you have made me think of an interesting concept ...

AWD T6 Ute !!

shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo