Need To Hear Some Positives - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2005, 16:55   #1 (permalink)

confused Need To Hear Some Positives

First Time On Here, Have Just Traded In My Xr6t Ute As A Deposit On A New Typhoon. I Am Starting To Seriously Think I May Have Made A Big Mistake Doing This. Have Been Checking Out This Site For About A Month And There's Not A Great Deal Of Positives On Here. Would Really Like To Hear From Some Fpv Customers And There Thoughts On The Typhoon. Don't Really Want To Cancel My Order, But Am Starting To Have Doubts. (also Anybody Know Of Any Other Typhoons In Cairns ?).
PEP71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2005, 22:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: Need To Hear Some Positives

i was thinking of doing the same with my pursuit,now need a sedan
the bloody missus got pregnant 3 weeks after i picked up the ute
i am thinking either sti or typhoon
ahhcomeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 22:52   #3 (permalink)
Beastmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEP71
First Time On Here, Have Just Traded In My Xr6t Ute As A Deposit On A New Typhoon. I Am Starting To Seriously Think I May Have Made A Big Mistake Doing This. Have Been Checking Out This Site For About A Month And There's Not A Great Deal Of Positives On Here. Would Really Like To Hear From Some Fpv Customers And There Thoughts On The Typhoon. Don't Really Want To Cancel My Order, But Am Starting To Have Doubts. (also Anybody Know Of Any Other Typhoons In Cairns ?).
Don't panic. The F6 is a great car. Yes there is a lot of whinging on here but then if you look back you will find lots of whinging about....

BOSS engine oil usage.
XR standard brakes.
Fuel economy.
GT vs XR6T
FPV vs FTE (lots and lots of this)

etc... etc... etc...

You have made a good choice.....just sit back and chill in the true cairns spirit eh.....
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 22:56   #4 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

Quote:
Its a fact of life that negative things always recieve more attention than the positives.

Mate, its an awesome package for the price - get an edit done and you will have one hell of an ass kicker - I'm jelous
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 14:32   #5 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Rest easy, you've made a wise decision. The Typhoon is a fantastic package; ask Mattm, 250 Pursuit, MYF6 and several others who all love their 'Phoons. yes, a few of us have had some problems, but mostly they've been minor. Hypnodoc has had more than his fair share, but his beast has now got him smiling again after an edit and a few mods. Personally, I've had nothing wrong with No. 003 except for a noisy gearbox. The report from FPV is that the clutch may be contributing to that ..... but we'll wait and see. It's been in the garage for a week while I've been driving a loan GT which, despite being an auto, has been great for comparisons. If they offer me a swap when it goes back after the clutch fix, I'll smile and say, no, I'll keep the Typhoon thanks.
Hang in there, you're getting a great car.

Ian
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 14:43   #6 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhcomeon
.........the bloody missus got pregnant 3 weeks after i picked up the ute
i am thinking either sti or typhoon

Geees mate......how did that happen??

The WRX is a great car, ... but it's not really in the same category as the F6. I'ts excellent bang-for-your-bucks and great fun, but the Typhoon package gives you a lot more "liveable" car stock and heaps of modifying potential. If your considering the sti, I'd be looking at an Evo first.
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 00:59   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv f6t
Geees mate......how did that happen??

The WRX is a great car, ... but it's not really in the same category as the F6. I'ts excellent bang-for-your-bucks and great fun, but the Typhoon package gives you a lot more "liveable" car stock and heaps of modifying potential. If your considering the sti, I'd be looking at an Evo first.
sti insurance is around $2200 ,the evo is around $4300
this alone i wouldnt go the evo,and paying 60 grand for a lancer would make me sick
ahhcomeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 17:28   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv f6t
Rest easy, you've made a wise decision. The Typhoon is a fantastic package; ask Mattm, 250 Pursuit, MYF6 and several others who all love their 'Phoons. yes, a few of us have had some problems, but mostly they've been minor. Hypnodoc has had more than his fair share, but his beast has now got him smiling again after an edit and a few mods. Personally, I've had nothing wrong with No. 003 except for a noisy gearbox. The report from FPV is that the clutch may be contributing to that ..... but we'll wait and see. It's been in the garage for a week while I've been driving a loan GT which, despite being an auto, has been great for comparisons. If they offer me a swap when it goes back after the clutch fix, I'll smile and say, no, I'll keep the Typhoon thanks.
Hang in there, you're getting a great car.

Ian
Yeah I am still very happy with my Typhoon. Drove a pursuit for about 3 days while the Typhoon was a getting a few things done and when I got into my car I remembered again how good it is. Shit all over the pursuit.

Matt
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 19:16   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I have to be totally honost.. I REGRET EVER DRIVING A BLOODY TYPHOON!!!..

After I editted Docs... I cant even bare to look at my GT-P the same again!!!

DAMN U DOC.....I just want one :(
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 01:04   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
I have to be totally honost.. I REGRET EVER DRIVING A BLOODY TYPHOON!!!..

After I editted Docs... I cant even bare to look at my GT-P the same again!!!

DAMN U DOC.....I just want one :(
Now thats is a bloody good accolade. There you have it mate. A bloke with a GT-P that is modded of it tits. Goes and drives a modded Typhoon and comes back hateing his GT-P. It does not get any more straight foward then that.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo