New PB for Geea - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2005, 00:38   #1 (permalink)
OFR No.33
 
geea's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: melbourne
Age: 49
Posts: 201
New PB for Geea

After Calder was cancelled i consulted Renata (wife), and decided i would drive accross to Adelaide for their Saturday night street meet. I left 10am Sat morning. I met up with a few friends and got to the track about 6pm After a couple of runs i managed a PB of 11.623@120.32mph, this was on street tyres, Nitto NT555R's. The car is an auto.
I believe that the car now has the quickest time for a BA on street tyres in 3 states with Deano being quicker in Vic. Here are my times
SA 11.623@120.32mph AIR 17C
QLD 12.018@120.68mph Willowbank 23C
NSW 12.239@119.91mph WSID 29C
VIC 11.934@120.43mph Calder

All the runs were done this summer with the QLD and NSW runs being in very hot and humid conditions which slowed the car a little.

The car has been prepared by the team @ HPF in Dandenong who have done a great job. I managed an 11.999 on the factory 17" Dunlops and have upgraded to the Nitto's. They are still a street tyre but help with traction.
Here is my PB. Any questions please ask and i'll answer best as i can.



Geea.
__________________
RUMBLE 358.7rwkw's
10.688@128.28

RIP BOOF 28/02/03-20/08/04 12.24@115.38mph
.....HPF.....
geea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-06-2005, 00:51   #2 (permalink)
FF Moderator
 
CDAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Australia
Age: 44
Posts: 2,202
Re: New PB for Geea

Hi Geea.

I thought saw your car there, but assumed I was mistaken as I know your not from SA. Beautiful machine and yes you had some great runs with the weather last night being half reasonable for turbo's. It is annoying however when they line you up aganst a 10 second rocket!!
__________________
Design for every step. www.cdaa.com.au

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 00:59   #3 (permalink)
OFR No.33
 
geea's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: melbourne
Age: 49
Posts: 201
Re: New PB for Geea

Th biggest problem i have with the 10 second rockets is that i can't hear my own car. I don't usually care to much about the car next to me unless its a grudge match or a friend.
It's a great set up there at AIR probably second to WSID. The only complaint i would have would be the size of the breaking area, it wasn't very long.

Geea.
__________________
RUMBLE 358.7rwkw's
10.688@128.28

RIP BOOF 28/02/03-20/08/04 12.24@115.38mph
.....HPF.....
geea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:09   #4 (permalink)
FF Moderator
 
CDAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Australia
Age: 44
Posts: 2,202
Re: New PB for Geea

Quote:
Originally Posted by geea
The only complaint i would have would be the size of the breaking area, it wasn't very long.
Yep! you need to make sure your brakes or shute are working well at A.I.R.!!
__________________
Design for every step. www.cdaa.com.au

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:34   #5 (permalink)
aps
Registered User
 
aps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 810
Re: New PB for Geea

Quote:
Originally Posted by geea
After a couple of runs i managed a PB of 11.623@120.32mph, this was on street tyres, Nitto NT555R's.
Geea.
Well done and congrats on your new PB Craig though don't forget the great work that Spiro from Autotech engineering performed previous to you buying the beast.

Peter
aps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:07   #6 (permalink)
The SB Slayer
 
FPVGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Should be polishing my GT's
Posts: 1,529
Re: New PB for Geea

Quote:
Originally Posted by geea
After Calder was cancelled i consulted Renata (wife), and decided i would drive accross to Adelaide for their Saturday night street meet. I left 10am Sat morning. I met up with a few friends and got to the track about 6pm After a couple of runs i managed a PB of 11.623@120.32mph, this was on street tyres, Nitto NT555R's. The car is an auto.
I believe that the car now has the quickest time for a BA on street tyres in 3 states with Deano being quicker in Vic. Here are my times
SA 11.623@120.32mph AIR 17C
QLD 12.018@120.68mph Willowbank 23C
NSW 12.239@119.91mph WSID 29C
VIC 11.934@120.43mph Calder

All the runs were done this summer with the QLD and NSW runs being in very hot and humid conditions which slowed the car a little.

The car has been prepared by the team @ HPF in Dandenong who have done a great job. I managed an 11.999 on the factory 17" Dunlops and have upgraded to the Nitto's. They are still a street tyre but help with traction.
Here is my PB. Any questions please ask and i'll answer best as i can.



Geea.
Far out now that is impressive well done.These Turbo cars are the norm.
__________________
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE LEGEND THE GT is back

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:59.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.