Next Generation Falcon XR Turbo? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2005, 00:21   #1 (permalink)

Next Generation Falcon XR Turbo?

The XR Turbo line up in the Falcon range has been a great success for Ford. When they came out three years ago, it was selling like hot cakes as I have no idea how they are doing now.

With a group of people, we were discussing whether the next Gen Falcon that is due to come out in late 2007, will continue the XR6T in its line.

Holden has stopped producing the Monaros now, and if Ford does cut off its XR6T, that would be a big dissapointment. Now your thinking, would you buy one if they did continue? I would love to, but i can't as im a student, also ofcourse im thinking about when i finish Uni and get a job, then i will defently buy one.

Lets hope it doesnt become another VL Turbo...
CheeseBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2005, 23:17   #2 (permalink)
BA Turbo

Re: Next Generation Falcon XR Turbo?

If Ford AU get rid of the 4ltr inline six, then yes, the turbo will go. But that not going to happen until atleast 2015 id speculate considering the effort theyve put into it in the last 3 years!

If nobody buys the XR6T anymore, then yes the T will go. But thats not going to happen if they keep improving the bread-and-butter 6, which rubs off on the turbo 6.

Its not going in the short term...
Old 05-12-2006, 20:26   #3 (permalink)

hey all, what I did read yesterday in the Daily Telegraph sydney, is that ford australia has been given 28 million bucks to continue developing the ONLY australian designed and built engine. So I would imagine the i6(and Turbo version) might be here for a while to come
hot EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 23:08   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

The inline 6 is a good engine and has been well developed so I don't see why they would stop producing it, as long as the platform that they use can take that size engine. I'm quite sure we will see the six and the turbo six around for quite some time.

The VL Turbo used a Nissan engine and was only a stop gap until Holden got the Buick engine from GM for the Commodore platform.
Old 05-14-2006, 00:41   #5 (permalink)
"MYF60"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBurger
The XR Turbo line up in the Falcon range has been a great success for Ford. When they came out three years ago, it was selling like hot cakes as I have no idea how they are doing now.

With a group of people, we were discussing whether the next Gen Falcon that is due to come out in late 2007, will continue the XR6T in its line.

Holden has stopped producing the Monaros now, and if Ford does cut off its XR6T, that would be a big dissapointment. Now your thinking, would you buy one if they did continue? I would love to, but i can't as im a student, also ofcourse im thinking about when i finish Uni and get a job, then i will defently buy one.

Lets hope it doesnt become another VL Turbo...

buddy not to be a downer on your great story and line of uni thought but was there any point to that post? i for one made no sense of it, like ford did continue the xr6t in the next generation hence the bf range.... and another thing never again liken the mighty xr6t to vl commonwhores......plz.
holden stopped the monaro cause it was not selling in aust.
again sorry to be blunt but i felt it just made no sense, good luck with finishing uni and getting a job to hopefully get hold of a xr6t
fat pipes, power torque engines, tuffcarparts.com

CHOMP CHOMP ALL THEM IMPORTS FOR LUNCH
1day_tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo