not good for F6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2005, 00:35   #1 (permalink)

not good for F6

Check out pages 10-11 of the latest Motor mag this may put alot of people off buying one if they were a swinging buyer and not a Ford only buyer (like most of us) and with no auto they have no other choice

FPV must come up with a fix for not only the clutch but also 1/4 mile times (slower than the XR6 & both tested on hot days)

Just a note how come this sort of bad publicity only comes out on Ford eg. no twin page spread on the oil burning genIII or holdens dogey IRS?
sbeaugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2005, 02:15   #2 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Re: not good for F6

ive got a mag, MOTOR i think where they reviewed the oil burning and piston slap problems. SSs and HSVs all copped a bashing.

I dont think MOTOR is one eyed towards Holden, they really gave some praise to teh BA models and i believe credit was given where credit was due.

FPV definitely have a lot to answer for though... did you see the FPV reply:

"People just dont drive our cars like that"....

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 21:47   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs down Re: not good for F6

Yeah I got my copy today, & it's pretty damning that's for sure! I think it's a bit of retaliation on MOTOR's part for David Flint coming out & saying that the failures were due to flat-shifting. They are denying adamantly that they were driving them this way. Either way it's crap for Ford. I agree with Peter Luxon's comments that they should have tested the clutches against flat shifting before release in any case. And if the journos are telling the truth then it was pretty slack off FPV to try & cover up their shortcomings by shifting the blame. And if the engine had expired because it was being revved nice & hard what would they say then? That they shouldn't have been revving it? I think Ford has still gotta a bit of a ways to catch up with what it expected from the performance crowd. The 8's for example are STILL too slow. If it wasn't for the turbos (XR6/Typhoon) we'd stll be playing catch-up big time. It wasn't good to find out that the Typhoon missed out on PCOTY contention, but I'm really not looking forward to reading all about how the GT is about 3 seconds a lap slower than the GTO around Wakefield again. 2nd comes right after 1st hey Ford................
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 22:36   #4 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Thumbs down Re: not good for F6

I think you'll find that Prodrive has some sort of tie up with AP racing,[both pommie compenys] which supply these clutchs to FPV, do I need to go any futher??

As for the 1/4 times, has anyone got a standard F6 that are willing to give it a run down the 1/4 just to see what happends?
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 22:41   #5 (permalink)

well rember u are buying a road car that u will use to drive on a street so all this stock car talk is irrelevant just go buy any car and put 20k work on it and it will be fast

im pretty sure a heavily worked crap box could hammer a f6 anyway

like a 20k crap box plus 20k mods is 20k cheaper than a f6 and way way faster

get it?
freddykingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 23:24   #6 (permalink)

Outta curiousity when they tested the f6 on the straight line did they spool em because that plays a role as well????. It Is abit embarassing that we are encountering these problems after all the hype and the car we thought would of gave HSV something to think about.

I just find it hard to believe that it cant get a good high 13 sec bracket. If weight plays such a big role for us well ford better start looking at ways at taking off the extra pounds.

Cmon ford wheres the straight line domination we used to have once upon a time. We have the all around good package now lets have the all round dragstrip package.
KNG-40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 22:41   #7 (permalink)

Dyno Steve from Redcliffe Dyno in Qld owns a phoon and has run it down the quarter for around mid 14's.
Geeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:04   #8 (permalink)

well guys just came back from willowbank testntune and saw a black au v8 s/wagon pull a 13.76 . i ran to try to find the driver but he had parked it . watched the car till i left but no-one went near it. no. plate was something 347 so i'm assuming it's a stroker. but if the f6 can only manage a mid 14 then what the hell has ford done to it. i personally believe that they are to scared in case the government step in again,but all that said i would rather buy a xr6 turbo and spend the difference in price to get that to go and handle and still have money to burn. WAKE UP FORD AND FPV, HOLDEN ARE STILL SPANKING YOUR ARSES. sack that limp wristed david flint and get someone with some balls in to help us the loyal ford fan out and restore some pride that we lost long ago. most people buying these sorts of vehicles want them to go hard isn't that the point. street cred is everything.
EX.COP 5.0 EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 19:58   #9 (permalink)
AU Falcon Convert

You are buying a package when buying a car, not just a straight line sprinter. I am sure, spend enough money, you could get a corolla to outrun a Ferrari, but does that make it a better car?

On the clutch thing, its bad news for Ford. After the XR6T was named the best muscle car in Oz by Motor a couple of years ago, F6 should be better.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:48   #10 (permalink)
RACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EX.COP 5.0 EB
well guys just came back from willowbank testntune and saw a black au v8 s/wagon pull a 13.76 . i ran to try to find the driver but he had parked it . watched the car till i left but no-one went near it. no. plate was something 347 so i'm assuming it's a stroker. but if the f6 can only manage a mid 14 then what the hell has ford done to it. i personally believe that they are to scared in case the government step in again,but all that said i would rather buy a xr6 turbo and spend the difference in price to get that to go and handle and still have money to burn. WAKE UP FORD AND FPV, HOLDEN ARE STILL SPANKING YOUR ARSES. sack that limp wristed david flint and get someone with some balls in to help us the loyal ford fan out and restore some pride that we lost long ago. most people buying these sorts of vehicles want them to go hard isn't that the point. street cred is everything.
Holden spanking arses? I was at WSID last Wednesday and saw 3 VY SS sedans series I and II do no better than 15sec. There were some XR6T's , stock as well as moded. Best stock time was 14.5sec. It was a hot night, 30deg to be exact so it goes both ways.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo