Parts Shortage - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2004, 01:30   #1 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Parts Shortage

Got a phone call today from the dealer to say the F6 was further delayed by a "parts shortage" and delivery would now be late November.

I questioned which parts, citing the rumours about shortage of T56 'boxes. He responded by telling me it wasn't the gearboxes themselves, just some "associated parts" ......... Hmmmmmmmmm

Theres some posts in other threads about a single tester having to test each 6 speed to come off the line, and other stories concerning quality checks.

The article in Motor by Stephen Corby on the XR6-T raises a worry:

"The first new example we drove was not confidence inspiring, with a gear shift that required a Schwarzenegger-like left arm and, preferably, no hearing in your left ear so you couldn't hear it (the T56) crunching and grinding."
"Fortunately the next XR6-T we stepped into was roughly 800 percent better............"

It's a concern Mr Flint......
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2004, 01:32   #2 (permalink)
Proud Ford Owner

Re: Parts Shortage

Must be frustrating, but I'm sure the wait will be well worth it.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:03   #3 (permalink)

Maybe all that torque is generating some headaches for them. In any case I think that if it is a genuine shortage you have nothing to worry about. If it is just a cover story to mask some other situation at least they will not be delivering any f6 with any weaknesses if you know what I mean.

There is a lot of reputation riding on the release of the f6, I'm betting they just want to get it right the first time.

Cheers

P.S. End of Novemeber will come before you know it. When I get back from the USA I expect a nice post describing your first drive.
michaelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:36   #4 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Well lets hope its a genuine parts shortage and not a cover up. (I'm just paranoid....... waiting too long!!)

Incidently, a number of Typhoons have been completed but won't be delivered until all pre-ordered cars have been built. Nice of Ford to at least look after those of us who committed early!

Now where was that Camry add........???
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:58   #5 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv f6t
Well lets hope its a genuine parts shortage and not a cover up. (I'm just paranoid....... waiting too long!!)

Incidently, a number of Typhoons have been completed but won't be delivered until all pre-ordered cars have been built. Nice of Ford to at least look after those of us who committed early!

Now where was that Camry add........???
Be patient i nearly waited 4 months for the BA GT,it's a new line of car i am sure there is a whole lot of QC to be done before they hand the cars over to the public.I'm sure when you get that phone call from the dealer the wait will be worth it.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:05   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
I'm sure when you get that phone call from the dealer the wait will be worth it.
Can you imagine that phone call, immediately after you put done that phone it will be like angels singing and the heavens opening up, just like in the movies.

I have never had the luxury of buying a new car. But when the phone call came to pick up my highly modded series 3 rx7 from the shop, I was so ecstatic it felt like I had taken something extra with my morning coffee.

If I order an F6 I don't know what I'm gonna do waiting for the thing to arrive ......ahhhh the pain!
michaelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:10   #7 (permalink)

I got the same story from my dealer. I spoke to FPV on Friday and they said they were undergoing quality control. I am happy to wait to get a car that works.

Matt
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:27   #8 (permalink)
MYF6

My dealer told me it to be ready at FPV 15-11-04. Based on what I'm reading in this thread perhaps he was being optimistic. Guess we all have to wait and dream.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:28   #9 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv f6t
Got a phone call today from the dealer to say the F6 was further delayed by a "parts shortage" and delivery would now be late November.
Relax it will come .... Like anything that is none standard you will have to waite.
I ordered my AUIII 250 Persuit Ute the opening day of the sydney motor show 2001 and recieved it May 2002 some 7 months later.
I can tell you it was well worth the waite and still to this day the best vehicle i have driven.
I'll dive it in preference to the cooks V8 BA Fairmont ghia anyday.

The waite for the new Tornado Utes will be much the same i predict so you wont be alone in your waite.
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 15:05   #10 (permalink)
Beastmaster

I had the same problem when I ordered my GT-P in Feb 2003.
Delays, parts shortages, whatever....... it arrived at the dealers on May 2 and I drove it away on May 7.
It was perfect and I have not had a serious problem with it in 68,000 km.

The F6 is a new and very complicated peice of machinery, of course there are going to be teething problem in production. Would you rather they rushed them through only to have to recall then later because a 20c gizmo is too long or short.

I know it is frustrating but it it a bit like that first girlfriend... when will she... when will she..... but when she did.... WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!

Be patient grasshopper, the best things are really worth the wait.
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo