Ford Forums banner

Phone call from FPV - CLUTCH IS FIXED !!!!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Xtreme F6 
#1 ·
Clutch is fixed!!

Received a phone call today from FVP saying that my dealer will be contacting me on the 2nd of May and booking it in for the official clutch fix and ECU upgrade :hy: :clap: .

Fingers crossed. :eek:hman:

#2 ·
F6_FPV said:
Clutch is fixed!!

Received a phone call today from FVP saying that my dealer will be contacting me on the 2nd of May and booking it in for the official clutch fix and ECU upgrade :hy: :clap: .

Awesome news there mate. Hopefully you'd be able to get high 13s with that thing when u get the fix done! As for the ECU upgrade, I'd be careful if i were you cus supposedly Ford has been doin a silent recall with the XR6T, when they get serviced the dealership actually does this chip upgrade to stop overboost i think it was. And from XR6T owners, supposedly it feels alot slower.......NOT GOOD.

#3 ·
Apparentley, ( cause no one bothers to foo-king ring me ) mine is getting fixed on the 19th. I might have to make a little noise cause I am severely unimpressed with that. I also had a sales manager say to me yesterday " What clutch problem, I have not heard of one ". Really, isn't that why you don't have any on the showroom floor and are unable to sell any. Winge over.

Angry Beaver

#4 ·
McobraR said:
Awesome news there mate. Hopefully you'd be able to get high 13s with that thing when u get the fix done! As for the ECU upgrade, I'd be careful if i were you cus supposedly Ford has been doin a silent recall with the XR6T, when they get serviced the dealership actually does this chip upgrade to stop overboost i think it was. And from XR6T owners, supposedly it feels alot slower.......NOT GOOD.
Yes, I have heard the same thing in regards to the ECU reprogram for the XR6T...Although FPV are saying it is for smoother / better power up top over the 4500rpm range. Should not matter because as soon as the clutch gets done it will be EDIT TIME for some real performance :driver: !!!!!

#5 ·
F6_FPV said:
Clutch is fixed!!

Mate,

Dont get your hopes up to much. I got a call from Jarred at FPV a couple of days before Anzac Day to tell me that the clutch is fixed and Ford would be announcing it on Tuesday 26 March. Was going to be a big press release!

Well nothing happened? ..... sort of another variant on the "in the next two weeks" theme I have been getting for a while. Fortunately I have not had any problems with my the clutch .

As for the ECU upgrade.... I will believe that when I see it. My typhoon was only producing 192 rwkw. Fortunately with some help from Xtreme tuning this has been fixed :hy:

cheers

Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.