piggy back or capa flash??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2006, 04:50   #1 (permalink)
"MYF60"

piggy back or capa flash???

g'day guys and girls
was just woundering what other people have done in order to set them selfs up for big boost and big rwkw's?
in means of is it best to start off with the piggy back ecu and apxi avcr and a good tune then work from there or go the capa flash save some money and work from there, im chasing 300rwkw for stage 1 (want streetable 11's) but also to have the ability to change boost on the run, i've heard that the avcr is better for tunning as you can map boost against time and rpm ect ect to help with launching and traction, i've heard from other people who have run with aps stage 2 &3 and such things that they have had boost come on way too late and hit fuel cut and others say boost spiking was a huge thing, so im tending to stay clear of such problems.

any help is muchly appriciated

yours in boost and sideways motor sports
fat pipes, power torque engines, tuffcarparts.com

CHOMP CHOMP ALL THEM IMPORTS FOR LUNCH
1day_tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2006, 16:30   #2 (permalink)
I <3 my XR6T

Re: piggy back or capa flash???

You can't change the boost on the fly with a flash edit, there is a fella on another forum (Geea) who uses a flash edit and a Xede piggyback to switch boost on the fly. His XR6T has run a 10.688@128.28mph
loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 20:10   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1day_tornado
g'day guys and girls
was just woundering what other people have done in order to set them selfs up for big boost and big rwkw's?
in means of is it best to start off with the piggy back ecu and apxi avcr and a good tune then work from there or go the capa flash save some money and work from there, im chasing 300rwkw for stage 1 (want streetable 11's) but also to have the ability to change boost on the run, i've heard that the avcr is better for tunning as you can map boost against time and rpm ect ect to help with launching and traction, i've heard from other people who have run with aps stage 2 &3 and such things that they have had boost come on way too late and hit fuel cut and others say boost spiking was a huge thing, so im tending to stay clear of such problems.

any help is muchly appriciated

Just Email Simon From Extremefordtuning it's on this site just scroll down to it and he will tell you the best way to set up your car using the Edit if you go that way i have been in his F6 as many others have and seen it take off when driving behind him the car is a friggin 400+rwkw monster.
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:58   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthxr6t
Just Email Simon From Extremefordtuning it's on this site just scroll down to it and he will tell you the best way to set up your car using the Edit if you go that way i have been in his F6 as many others have and seen it take off when driving behind him the car is a friggin 400+rwkw monster.
ha ha aint that the truth. I was at the FPV track day at the same time as him...... that big black phoon of his is a freaking beast.

Peter
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:04   #5 (permalink)
"MYF60"

thanx heaps guys for your help.
"geea" sent me a pm so ill contact him on the matter as well as continue me research now on how to set the ute up the best i can to make it track worth as well as straight line fast any ideas on this matter ? keeping in mind that the ass end still has ol'school leaf springs as standard! once again any help would be great.

fat pipes, power torque engines, tuffcarparts.com

CHOMP CHOMP ALL THEM IMPORTS FOR LUNCH
1day_tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 14:44   #6 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Simon from Extreme Ford Tuning has an area on the forums here for questions and he really knows his stuff. Here's the link...http://www.fordforums.com/f661/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo