Price on new Typhoon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2005, 16:43   #1 (permalink)

Price on new Typhoon

Gents,
after much deliberation between a XR6 turbo with options or a typhoon I am proud to announce that I have just put down a deposit for a new Typhoon...
I was just wondering if anybody can tell me if the price I paid is about right...

For the 05 plated typhoon with tints, FPV steering wheel and FPV floor mats I was quoted over $60K(on road), but I have decided to buy a showroom stock car, made Dec 04, unfortunately with the inherit clutch fiasco.....
I got the same options as above, plus decals all thrown in for the total price of $54K - a saving of $6k plus dollars !!!!!!
Before delivery of the vehicle the new clutch assembly will be installed, computer remapped and car will be as per the current 05 models.....

Is this a good price??????
Please forward your comments and let me know what you think???

Also I am over 35 yrs old, what can I expect to pay for insurrance and who is the best insurrer for these type of vehicles????
eli68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2005, 02:46   #2 (permalink)

Re: Price on new Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli68
Gents,
after much deliberation between a XR6 turbo with options or a typhoon I am proud to announce that I have just put down a deposit for a new Typhoon...
I was just wondering if anybody can tell me if the price I paid is about right...

For the 05 plated typhoon with tints, FPV steering wheel and FPV floor mats I was quoted over $60K(on road), but I have decided to buy a showroom stock car, made Dec 04, unfortunately with the inherit clutch fiasco.....
I got the same options as above, plus decals all thrown in for the total price of $54K - a saving of $6k plus dollars !!!!!!
Before delivery of the vehicle the new clutch assembly will be installed, computer remapped and car will be as per the current 05 models.....

Also I am over 35 yrs old, what can I expect to pay for insurrance and who is the best insurrer for these type of vehicles????
Hi eli68.
Mate that sounds like a pretty fair price to me, and with the new clutch and remap they are a fantastic car, and I think if your going to keep it more than 3 years you have to come out in front at both ends as I don't think that an 04 registered in 05 will be any cheaper than an 05 as long as its looked after. I have a second one coming and it was a lot cheaper than 013 and has Brembos etc. Mate you did well, enjoy the ride.
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 04:21   #3 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Gents,

54k on road?? Sounds like a steal. Theres no way an 04 plated car should be worth 6 grand less than an 05 (clutch and mapping will be identical at delivery). Great decision, you'll love her!
I got a good deal with Shannons for insurance, but everyone will tell you.....ring around. Insurance companies vary considerably on quotes with different factors like your address and age taken into consideration.
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:40   #4 (permalink)
MCHLUV

sounds like a good buy mate! for insurance i always go through allianz! i alson find it cheaper if i go through a toyota dealer! use the dealer as a broker! if allianz ain't a good deal the dealer should try to sell you the toyota extra care insurance, underwritten by swan! or you colud ptu it your mum's name and give a rural address!! good luck!
MCHLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 18:08   #5 (permalink)

You should try GIO. Pretty good prices
Bodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 21:50   #6 (permalink)

thanks gents, for making me feel at ease....
I called for insurance and prices ranged from $2200 - $3100, has anyone done better?
Also, what performance enhancement can be done without voiding the 5 year warrantee on the vehicle???
Old 06-23-2005, 22:17   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I called for insurance and prices ranged from $2200 - $3100, has anyone done better?
Also, what performance enhancement can be done without voiding the 5 year warrantee on the vehicle???
RACQ (or something similar in your state ). $980 per year (full comprehensive ), $300 excess plus $400 high performance excess. No drivers under 25 yrs old. This price is with no modifications. I got this price on my Typhoon after having my XR6T ute insured with them for nearly 2yrs. As for the warranty they will try to deny any warranty claim where the enhancement has contributed to the fault ( very grey area ). eg: gearbox stuffed, engine putting out 50 kw above stock, therefore increased power caused box to fail.
PEP71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 20:50   #8 (permalink)

Quote:

$2200 - $3100 Try AAMI mate if you haven't already- Those numbers are crazy - unless you history is crapola I pay about $900 for the XR6T and I'm 32.

$54k for your phoon , the 04 build date wont help when you sell it, but you got it now so enjoy.
Old 06-29-2005, 23:52   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrturbo6
$2200 - $3100 Try AAMI mate if you haven't already- Those numbers are crazy - unless you history is crapola I pay about $900 for the XR6T and I'm 32.

$54k for your phoon , the 04 build date wont help when you sell it, but you got it now so enjoy.

Thanks guys, for your advice....
I have tried the following insurance companies. GIO, AAMI, NRMA, JUSTCARS, SHANNONS....
Still best price iv'e been given is $2000...
Im dont have a bad driving record, haven't been booked in over 5 years, and they are all giving me maximum no claim bonus...
I'm confused as to why the premium is so high... Im 36 years old!!!!
Does anyone have any suggestions!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 23:56   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
Hi eli68.
Mate that sounds like a pretty fair price to me, and with the new clutch and remap they are a fantastic car, and I think if your going to keep it more than 3 years you have to come out in front at both ends as I don't think that an 04 registered in 05 will be any cheaper than an 05 as long as its looked after. I have a second one coming and it was a lot cheaper than 013 and has Brembos etc. Mate you did well, enjoy the ride.

Hey Hypnodoc, how did u go with Simon, last week??
Did you take the car to the dragstrip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo