Prices for BA XR6T - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2003, 04:29   #1 (permalink)

Prices for BA XR6T

People,

As I am looking to buy shortly, I am curious as to what prices people payed for their new BA XR6T.

Going to the ford site i am able to configure a RRP of 51385 for the package I would like.

Met Paint
Sunroof
Leather
Slim Weathershields
Prem Sound
Bonnet and Light Protectors
Momo wheels and gear knob
XR Logo mats x4

But, how much margin are you able to get them down to?

I own a AUII XR6 May 2000 and have done 33500 km's. When I bought this car new, it had a RRP with the additional options chosen of 43252. After negotiating i got them down to 37500 on the road. this price was without any trade.

Now if i want to trade this vehicle on a new BA XR6T do i have the same barganing power and what would i expect for a changeover.

Your estimations or actual price when you purchased would be great help.

thanks guys
Cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2003, 14:59   #2 (permalink)

Good luck - i have been trying to bring 3 ford dealers in Brisbane down but they keep on saying the say thing. If it was floor stock yep deal done, but since you are ordering you would be lucky to get free xr mats, protectors, scuffs & tint plus along wait.

By the way you also have to add on-road costs
i got a quote for:
XR6T
Phantom
Sunroof
Prem. Sound
Sports steering
+ on road
= $51700

that was before trade in price of my car (AUII XR6) which i am still yet to get a price...
Old 05-06-2003, 16:23   #3 (permalink)
BA at last

Agree - you'd be lucky to get anything at all. Demand is so high that dealers quite simply don't have to discount. The next person who walks in will probably enquire about the same car. The AU caused them grief so now dealers are trying to make the most of the improved BA. This situation obviously won't help with the trade in price they'll offer.

Best advice is not to expect anything. If you can haggle and get them to budge, good luck to you.
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 01:14   #4 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Don't know if its still available buy Ford had a spend $500 for $1500 worth of options deal which will reduce the price a tad.

But ultimately your trade is going to get a battering, for instance I found a May 02 AUIII XR6 with 45K on the clock at a dealers got it down to $29K.

Fleet discount quote I got on a XR6T would have been $3,770.
Id say change over in the mid $20's.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 03:44   #5 (permalink)
Ford Disciple

Kieron,
I believe that that deal doesn't apply to any of the XR range.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 21:14   #6 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Thats what one part of the web says mayhem, but my mate (new car sales manager @ Ford) said it is, but I never went ahead with it so can't say 100% it is.
Its good value, but reminds me of those free upsizes at McDonalds, ie its tempting enough to grab it but you don't always really want it :)
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 23:45   #7 (permalink)

FYI

Well guys have visited my local ford dealer and also got my wife to investigate the "Ford Supplier Excellence Award" which Toll Transport has acheived.

After filling the document out required by Ford, i then went down to the dealer who's face frowned when i mentioned the entitlement that Toll employees get.

I was very surprised that he gave me the price list for the car as well as the price for the options like 18" wheels, leather, sunroof etc. It works out I get 22% of the RRP across the falcon range, excludiung the GT & GT-P.

I might be boasting a little but any of you wanting to buy a ford and are an employee of toll transport, you should be entitiled to the discount.

Cheers
Cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 01:33   #8 (permalink)
walking power

Looks like im gonna have to change jobs.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo