Problems With CAPA ford flash tuner - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2005, 01:20   #1 (permalink)

Question Problems With CAPA ford flash tuner

Hi There all,
i am the very proud owner of a 2004 xr6t. 2 weeks ago i purchased the tuner and loaded it up folowing the instructions religiously. everything loaded up properly and there were no error codes. however the power increase was dismal i have not had it dyno'd because of work commitments. at a guess i would say it only raised power to 260 flywheelkw. So i return it to stock and send it back to capa requesting it to be fixed, they send it back with upgraded 8psi & 10psi programs i load it up again, and get the same result. has anyone has this problem or similar. a mate has a ute with the tuner and it absolutly flys and i really want the power. it seems everything i get is a dud.
smithro_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2005, 01:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: Problems With CAPA ford flash tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithro_6
Hi There all,
i am the very proud owner of a 2004 xr6t. 2 weeks ago i purchased the tuner and loaded it up folowing the instructions religiously. everything loaded up properly and there were no error codes. however the power increase was dismal i have not had it dyno'd because of work commitments. at a guess i would say it only raised power to 260 flywheelkw. So i return it to stock and send it back to capa requesting it to be fixed, they send it back with upgraded 8psi & 10psi programs i load it up again, and get the same result. has anyone has this problem or similar. a mate has a ute with the tuner and it absolutly flys and i really want the power. it seems everything i get is a dud.
Mate if you click on the XTREME logo at the top of the page your problems will be solved. Simon has put hundreds of hours of real time development into the capa flasher with real cars and real time tuning. He Da Man
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:55   #3 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Talk to Simon. He can help ya out!
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:10   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi There all,
Mate anything i can do give me a call, would be glad to help you out as much as i can.

CHeers

Simon
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 23:27   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Mate anything i can do give me a call, would be glad to help you out as much as i can.

CHeers

Simon
Hi simon what do u think the problem could be. i am in need of help how can i contact u?
smithro_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 23:48   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi simon what do u think the problem could be. i am in need of help how can i contact u?
Click the advertising link above. You wont be sorry. Xtreme Ford Tuning.
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 23:56   #7 (permalink)

Mate you might just want to check all your pipework. Start from the throttle body and work your way back. I had the clamps around the throttle body loose. I ended up changing all the spring clamps to hose clamps and it seemed to help. Hope you get it sorted, I am still tryin to sort mine out.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:39   #8 (permalink)
super duper

thats what i would of said ...same thing happened to me ,hose popped off
now i have had a custom tune and only managed a 231rwkw with exhaust and 2nd cai..
i thought it was a little low side for a manual
had warrenty issuess and found that throttle responce ??? or what ever it is has had the dick so i am hoping that the problem when fixed will increase the power out put a little

any thought on this would be apprieciated
xrturb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:04   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrturb
thats what i would of said ...same thing happened to me ,hose popped off
now i have had a custom tune and only managed a 231rwkw with exhaust and 2nd cai..
i thought it was a little low side for a manual
had warrenty issuess and found that throttle responce ??? or what ever it is has had the dick so i am hoping that the problem when fixed will increase the power out put a little

any thought on this would be apprieciated
I had to get the Throttle position sensor replaced aswell. if thats what you are talking about.
Old 03-16-2005, 14:15   #10 (permalink)
super duper

yes thats what it is sorry '
did you find that power was down at all
i cant explain the low rwkw and i hope it is this
xrturb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo