questions about my new xr6t ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2005, 21:32   #1 (permalink)
MCHLUV

questions about my new xr6t ute

hi, i just picked up my new ride! traded my old mk1 for a new mk2 turbo 6 speed manual! got a few questions i'd appreciate any answers or comments!
y would anyone buy an auto!!??? they're just no fun!
should i be takin it easy for a thousand or should i thrash it!!???
when does the T kick in and what pressure is it at stock?
anything i should know bout the new mk2 t's? it's a 6 manual!
on the depressing side of things, i bout my brother a coffee today and as i lifted it from the cup holder the lid wasn't on properly and the whole thing fell!! i got coffee pools all in my centre console! all on my leathers! all in my gear stick surrond!! took me two hours to pull everything apart and clean it all!! though i'm almost certain the life of my new car smell has been unfairly cut short!! replaced by the stench of old coffee!!
MCHLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2005, 03:54   #2 (permalink)
walking power

Re: questions about my new xr6t ute

everyone has there own opinions about running it in, i suggest take it easy upto 1500kms then gradually start giving it some herbs.........

i dunno about yours but my 6sp is noisy.....

sorry to hear about the coffee lol.......
Old 06-18-2005, 06:53   #3 (permalink)

take it steady for a while untill u get use to the cars nature, dont want to crash it . utes can be tricky with the power it has and the lack of weight in the rear, as for the engine , drive it like a human for the first few 100ks will go alone way , new engines are pre run in but let it loosen up b4 killing the crap out of it , the bearings and rings will thank u later, did u get the magnet pack? as for the coffee thing i would have thrown it back to ford to clean.
our new one is due next week.
Old 06-18-2005, 20:24   #4 (permalink)

erm....yeah watch out for loose coffee cup lids -
and girls who wanna cruise with you ....who leave a near full bottle of 'stoli' on your ****ing cowhide passenger seat.....because they left their wallet in the house...so u start backing out as they're walking back to the turbo as a joke and bang....you forget about the full bottle of stoli on yr passenger seat....and bang again...u got vodka all thru your seat....and one little hot bitch who doesn't wanna sit on the wet bit coz she might **** up her new jeans...so she gets in your mates ****in VT condom-dore and goes to tha party with him instead.
Talk about cut grass.

lesson learned here...

make her or whoever it is use the ****ing cup holder!
Old 06-18-2005, 20:34   #5 (permalink)
Weapon of HSV Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomXRT
erm....yeah watch out for loose coffee cup lids -
and girls who wanna cruise with you ....who leave a near full bottle of 'stoli' on your ****ing cowhide passenger seat.....because they left their wallet in the house...so u start backing out as they're walking back to the turbo as a joke and bang....you forget about the full bottle of stoli on yr passenger seat....and bang again...u got vodka all thru your seat....and one little hot bitch who doesn't wanna sit on the wet bit coz she might **** up her new jeans...so she gets in your mates ****in VT condom-dore and goes to tha party with him instead.
Talk about cut grass.

lesson learned here...

make her or whoever it is use the ****ing cup holder!
haha! Sorry mate, i shouldnt laugh, but thats the funniest post i've heard in a long time!

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 21:59   #6 (permalink)
MCHLUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge
take it steady for a while untill u get use to the cars nature, dont want to crash it . utes can be tricky with the power it has and the lack of weight in the rear, as for the engine , drive it like a human for the first few 100ks will go alone way , new engines are pre run in but let it loosen up b4 killing the crap out of it , the bearings and rings will thank u later, did u get the magnet pack? as for the coffee thing i would have thrown it back to ford to clean.
our new one is due next week.
thanks for the advice! nah aparently the magnet don't come in a turbo! plus i prefer laether to the suede! i though bout giving it to ford, but it was saturday........ by the time i get it back.......

as for venomxrt. tough one mate! sound like ur mate would be great with a whipper snipper!

thanks all for the advice!! my mates got a stock nissan, 200 sx, wat u think the chances of me beating him r?
Old 06-19-2005, 05:23   #7 (permalink)
Turbotuff

i think u got a pretty good chance of getting infront have raced a couple 200sx's and been infront so either they cant drive or the xr6t's are faster
Old 06-20-2005, 02:45   #8 (permalink)

Hahaha. Yeah i look back now and laugh....but it has a fairytale ending. I got her in the end...she hated the VT....and wasn't fond of it's owner...the 'whipper-snipper'.

We're still together...and yeah...she uses the cup holder religiously!
We all **** up and she was so sorry...
My girl is worth more to me than the both of us (me and my xrt) as far as i'm concerned so i forgave her quickly.
Besides...she loves my 'T', and gets as excited as I do when I buy new toys for the turbs...like a set of $4000+ ROH Modenas in 19" (please ROH build them faster!!) ....and the CAPA Flasher. She's amazing....
for our 1 year anniversary...she bought me a K&N Filter (high flow) for me....without me knowing!
I'm a lucky boy....somehow....I kinda feel like it was a good thing she spilt the stoli on the cowhide. Detailers fixed it anyway.
but yeah...all in all...still use the holders duders!

Oh...and with 200SX....u have an XRT dude....one the most unbelievable cars on the road today. I still love to listen to mine burble deeply as it warms up before work every morning....where's your faith in the Blue Oval? You will hose him my man.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:54   #9 (permalink)
MCHLUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomXRT
Hahaha. Yeah i look back now and laugh....but it has a fairytale ending. I got her in the end...she hated the VT....and wasn't fond of it's owner...the 'whipper-snipper'.

We're still together...and yeah...she uses the cup holder religiously!
We all **** up and she was so sorry...
My girl is worth more to me than the both of us (me and my xrt) as far as i'm concerned so i forgave her quickly.
Besides...she loves my 'T', and gets as excited as I do when I buy new toys for the turbs...like a set of $4000+ ROH Modenas in 19" (please ROH build them faster!!) ....and the CAPA Flasher. She's amazing....
for our 1 year anniversary...she bought me a K&N Filter (high flow) for me....without me knowing!
I'm a lucky boy....somehow....I kinda feel like it was a good thing she spilt the stoli on the cowhide. Detailers fixed it anyway.
but yeah...all in all...still use the holders duders!

Oh...and with 200SX....u have an XRT dude....one the most unbelievable cars on the road today. I still love to listen to mine burble deeply as it warms up before work every morning....where's your faith in the Blue Oval? You will hose him my man.

hehe thnks for the support, i had a xr6 non turbo and he was makin me look bad in front of the rest of out mates!! i'd never been beaten by a mate before!! ever! so as soon as my babies broken in and all used to my right foot abuse, i'm takin that crown back once and for all!!!
now i realise u really into your girl! but mate! more than the t! them big words my friend! massive words!! guess i envy you! hehe all the best!
mine doesn't quite burble yet, only got like 250k's on it! i'm lookin forward to it though! how ling should i warm it for in the mornin? couple mins do? or they need more time to get out of bed?
Old 06-21-2005, 06:07   #10 (permalink)

I just start it up....finish my last few sips of coffee...kiss my babe goodbye before she gets in her little kitted-up Lancer to go to work (I wanna get her an XR but she drives my 'T' like the driver in 'Driving Miss Daisy"...so the 'mitsi' will do for now)...open the gates and go...
it takes about that long dude....i like to wait until my idle settles to a nice low hum.
U will hear it....i must admit i have 50,000km on mine so...things have changed a little since the standard days. Just respect her and she'll reward you!!

One thing you will notice is how long she will take to cool down externally....you'll hear it ticking and clicking away for a good 5 mins after you park her.
Turbos run hot...lucky we have the cooler hey?

One of my favourite things is watching people's reactions when you put your right foot down ...on their first ride in an XR6T. Mine is a ute so the ass end is light as buggery!
I've converted many a Holden boy and girl by jerking them back into their seats....shifting into third while my car's rear sneakers chirping and BOV is wooshin !!
Gotta love it.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo