The Race - Results - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2005, 02:15   #1 (permalink)

The Race - Results

Well, I am sorry to say we had two races first race i f&^ked my 2nd to 3rd change and got whipped. Next and final race we both cracked hard of the mark first gear the XR was mostly wheel spin but neck and neck, smacked second and i was half a bonnet in front, third (this change is ****ed with these boxes) he had half a bonnet on me, 4th we backed of half way through and the R8 had half a bonnet on me!

I must admit i am dissapointed yet very impressed with the standard R8 6L they go well, i can usually tell when i race even though gear changes are pretty shitty in the 5spd when muy car has more grunt (cause it will pull away) however this did not happen.

I am not making any excuses this R8 had the 6spd with the quick shift and it went really well considering i dont think they come with extractors or decent exahaust. Even if my shift was better i might have won by a bonnet i dont think that is good enough!

I know that autos in the XR's are much quicker and maybe the new 6spd XR's will be alot better then the current 5spds you would think i would be able to put a little distance betweem myself and the R8.

Tom (dissapointed considering APS3 (maybe blowing gearbox or diff) or new 6L commodore)
BLKXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2005, 03:19   #2 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Re: The Race - Results

Hi Tom, never mind mate. Unfortunately the reality is the old T5 is an absolute pig of the thing when it comes to drag racing and has let you down. As I was trying to point out in your other thread an APS auto XR6T is a easy 12 second machine. HSV claim the R8's are a 13.5 machine (manual), so it's more a matter of you loosing speed that you should have had, rather than the R8 ute going faster than expected. The way to go if it must be manual is a APS 2 Mk2 6 speed with the short shifter. You'll have similar diff gearing to the R8 as well (3.7).

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 15:41   #3 (permalink)

Very very disappointing. But I can understand that an APS 2 vehicle with the old 5 speed would be a fair PIG to try and drag with... as CDAA said, the auto version (being around 12 sec) would have hosed the HSV - just plant it and not worry about fighting the stick.
TJS-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 15:57   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKXR6T
Well, I am sorry to say we had two races first race i f&^ked my 2nd to 3rd change and got whipped. Next and final race we both cracked hard of the mark first gear the XR was mostly wheel spin but neck and neck, smacked second and i was half a bonnet in front, third (this change is ****ed with these boxes) he had half a bonnet on me, 4th we backed of half way through and the R8 had half a bonnet on me!

I must admit i am dissapointed yet very impressed with the standard R8 6L they go well, i can usually tell when i race even though gear changes are pretty shitty in the 5spd when muy car has more grunt (cause it will pull away) however this did not happen.

I am not making any excuses this R8 had the 6spd with the quick shift and it went really well considering i dont think they come with extractors or decent exahaust. Even if my shift was better i might have won by a bonnet i dont think that is good enough!

I know that autos in the XR's are much quicker and maybe the new 6spd XR's will be alot better then the current 5spds you would think i would be able to put a little distance betweem myself and the R8.

Tom (dissapointed considering APS3 (maybe blowing gearbox or diff) or new 6L commodore)
What sort of power is your Phase III kitted ute putting out?
Old 02-01-2005, 15:58   #5 (permalink)

Why the excuses,the new 6.0lt hsv's go very well
beating a st.2 xr6 turbo...what chance do the gt's have
bring on the arse padding we are all up for more whiping
ahhcomeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 17:26   #6 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhcomeon
Why the excuses,the new 6.0lt hsv's go very well
beating a st.2 xr6 turbo...what chance do the gt's have
bring on the arse padding we are all up for more whiping
I don't think anyone is making excuses mate, just vaid points and facts.
Unfortunatelty the GT's have no chance stock in terms of outright speed, but that can be simply addressed if it really bothers you. I would rather buy an edited GT than a stock Clubsport, but that's another topic for another thread.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 18:14   #7 (permalink)
CRAZY TYPHOON DRIVER

Where is this guy i will give him a go

Live slapping hsv,s

Chasing Minge in Power
300 Rear Wheel KW and 750 NM Torque
APS Upgraded Typhoon
250 PURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 18:25   #8 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250 PURSUIT
Where is this guy i will give him a go

Live slapping hsv,s
That's 1/2 the problem with Turbo cars quick at the strip for timeslips but slow out on the road or when racing 1st over the line.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 18:55   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKXR6T

how the fu.. does a car that has les power then yours blo u away......
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:11   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
how the fu.. does a car that has les power then yours blo u away......
To tell you the truth ihave no idea! I have basically thumped a couple of 255R8's, 290GTP, aswell as various other cars and unless dyno figures lie (269RWKW Croydon Racing Dyno) or the 6L is actually more then the 297FWKW holden state or maybe i am just a crap driver!

P.S - Do these XR's loose much power in high heat with standard intercooler?

Just trying to find an excuse

Tom
BLKXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo