rev n speed wires in BA XR6T - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2006, 00:23   #1 (permalink)

rev n speed wires in BA XR6T

does any1 know where i can pick up a rev n speed signal wires in BA XR6T? installing Gizzmo shift light and Apexi rsm.
DRU83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2006, 14:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: rev n speed wires in BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRU83
does any1 know where i can pick up a rev n speed signal wires in BA XR6T? installing Gizzmo shift light and Apexi rsm.
u
what input do the shift light and tacho require? i think your going to find that you'll need a convertor to convet it to a square wave signal.

shiftkits.com.au make one its about 150 buck i believe

pm you email and i'll send the the addy of another forum that has wiring diagrams.
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 14:52   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
what input do the shift light and tacho require? i think your going to find that you'll need a convertor to convet it to a square wave signal.

shiftkits.com.au make one its about 150 buck i believe

pm your email and i'll send the the addy of another forum that has wiring diagrams.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:09   #4 (permalink)

Cheers dude, should be able to go off any coil, but want to try and get it off the computer. shouldn't interfer with the unichip but want to try and get it from the factory compter. Should i have any problems besides finding diagrams.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:03   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Cheers dude, should be able to go off any coil, but want to try and get it off the computer. shouldn't interfer with the unichip but want to try and get it from the factory compter. Should i have any problems besides finding diagrams.

does it allow you to pick up the signal for a multi coil eng?
Old 02-14-2006, 22:20   #6 (permalink)

yeah mate, some1 found me the speed signal wire off the vdo site, still need the rev wire but. not to sure about the compatability, might have to research it a bit. i'll get back to you. id imagin it would. ive set up the same thing in a commordore before. that only has 3 coil packs, but worked fine. its to easy to find out shit for commodores but.
Old 02-18-2006, 21:03   #7 (permalink)
old B - new B

i have just bought a BA workshop manual on CD ( $55 ) off Ebay so hopefully when it turns up i will be able to find the tacho wire for you.
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 17:25   #8 (permalink)

true. $55 thats good. when i spoke to ford they wanted like $900 for the thing. but yeah mate when you get it see wat you can do for me. Cheers buddy
Old 02-21-2006, 02:52   #9 (permalink)
Master Tech

Speed signal and engine RPM are transmitted by the CAN bus, that is a digital message picked up by the various modules. You may have difficulty converting these messages. Be careful if you try to pick up RPM signal from ignition coils as they have low side drivers in the PCM. The drivers have transistors which switch off the current flow to coil, so if you go adding extra wires you may inadvertently give the the current an easier path to follow and not allow a magnetic field to build and collapse (hence causing misfire). Hope this helps
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo