Rough delivery time on XR6T???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2004, 23:48   #1 (permalink)
▲▼I ♥ XR6T's ▲▼

Rough delivery time on XR6T????

G’Day guys. Im ordering an XR6T in Blueprint with alarm, tinted windows and premium sound in the next 3 weeks. I just want to know how long the delivery time is. Also when I go for a test drive, will they let me drive it, being 20 years old?
Looks like I’ll also have to pay $3000+ for insurance/year. None of that will stop me. I work hard for what I want.
Thanks for any info guys.

Know anyone who wants an RB30 VL with 5speed LSD, ported head, cam, HDT bodykit, VX SS mags, lowered….oh the list goes on…...for $8500. I have one for sale. Email me at Aeron17@yahoo.com if you do

Last edited by Aeron; 03-13-2004 at 23:53.
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2004, 02:42   #2 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Re: Rough delivery time on XR6T????

Swappin sides dude? Nice choice! And nice colour! Blueprint is apparently gone as of May....

As for the waiting time, it is a lot less than what it was this time last year - about 6 months then I think.... the dealer SHOULD tell you that though...and you basically add a few weeks on to what the dealer tells you.... maybe 8 to 12 weeks, maybe a tad more!

When you get it, check you paint carefully in the sun for faded spots, different colour panels and stuff like that....

I have the alarm, it is crap - BUT I think mine is stuffed. The wheel sensors are worthwhile though, with all the wheel pinching going on. I have tinting too, its good. And premiums good too.

When they ask you to check it over on delivery, take it seriously and really check it, even if it takes a while.... you have the power over them as long as you dont hand over the cash....and make sure they let you check it outside in good light...

And when they try and sell you interior protection and paint protection, tell them to get stuffed - waste of time.

Try ringing around for your insurance, it varies a lot..... yours will be high, but you could maybe get it cheaper!

Best of luck!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 02:59   #3 (permalink)
▲▼I ♥ XR6T's ▲▼

Thanks heaps for the info XRchic.
I'll do everything you said.
Oh, and about changing sides.........i've been a Ford fan all my life. DJR fan since I could walk. I only got the VL because it was the P plater thing to do.
Now its time to get real, and get a Ford.
Thanks once more.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:28   #4 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

No worries....

Oh and when I said 8-12 weeks, I meant all up. I am just guessing that though, but if the dealer tells you 8 weeks, make it 10 in your head. If you get it earlier, then bonus.

And if you find out the dealer has had it for more than a couple of days and it takes ages for them to get it to you, ie, a week, then really check the paint - damage often happens in transport (dust storms, etc) and the dealer paint guys respray it and dont tell ya....

They did paint protection on mine, made it sound full on - turns out some guy from some co turns up with bucket of some polish and just basically waxes it - all for $300+...and they get it all over the black plastic stuff and it wont come off. Interior protection is good IF you expect it to get really dirty, but they slap it on and it gets on dash lense, etc and turns into concrete and they cannot get off - have to replace stuff and thats a headache. You can wax paint and do inside much cheaper and better yourself...

Dont just accept their price on tinting, alarm, etc, they have a lot of bargaining room with that stuff....

When I got mine, I saw the drivers side rear door was a totally different colour - damage in factory somewhere. They resprayed whole side twice before getting it close to right... and I couldn't get it replaced because they had the power coz I had paid for it....so I paid extra for premium paint for basically a cheap, non baked, paint shop job....

And remember, if you want Blueprint, better order it before May coz then it is gone. Check with your dealer for that one.

And bargain hard with them over the price of the car...if you get a few grand off their original "quote" you will be doing well.... if you don't use a trade in - sell your current beast privately if you can, that way you can get max discount on the new one.

They will also tell you, on delivery to wash it with BABY SHAMPOO! Ignore that and just use a good car wash solution - they have no idea. And check if they know what oil they put in it - I just had to top up and rang them to find out what was in it and they didn't know....They put Mobil 1 (synthetic) in mine, so you can't top up with regular oil.....

Consider running it on BP Ultimate too.

You will have a blast with the turbo, it is great!

Cheers
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 03-14-2004, 05:16   #5 (permalink)
▲▼I ♥ XR6T's ▲▼

Well, plans have just changed. My dad and i are going out next weekend now to shop around for one. I will bargain hard with them because I have a limited budget. I'll also need some finance because I dont have $47 odd grand laying 'round the place. I'll go to Smithfield Ford, Blacktown Ford and The one in Auto Ally (Sydney Area) and shop around. Then i'll get my blue plates (AER•00N) put on it when i get it, sweet as!!!

Thanks so much for ya help XRchic. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you get yours for, and is the manual good to drive, because thats what i want.

Thanks!!

PS: I'll have to be home in time to watch the Clipsal500

Last edited by Aeron; 03-14-2004 at 18:15.
Old 03-14-2004, 18:15   #6 (permalink)
OFR #7

Mine took 4 weeks. Ordered late Jan 04, picked up late Feb! Build date was exactly two weeks prior to pick up.

Oh, and don't get blueprint, go for a real colour like PHANTOM!!

APS Stage II = 267rwkw = 12.16@118.5mph on street tyres
Big Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 18:18   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
Well, plans have just changed. My dad and i are going out next weekend now to shop around for one. I will bargain hard with them because I have a limited budget. I'll also need some finance because I dont have $47 odd grand laying 'round the place. I'll go to Smithfield Ford, Blacktown Ford and The one in Auto Ally (Sydney Area) and shop around. Then i'll get my blue plates (AER•00N) put on it when i get it, sweet as!!!

Thanks so much for ya help XRchic. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you get yours for, and is the manual good to drive, because thats what i want.

Thanks!!

A couple of weeks ago Ford at Warringa had a Blue print turbo manual with premium audio demo that they were keen to part with might be worth a call to see if they still have it and go over there to check it out a demo might solve your problem of tight budget
AussieCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:16   #8 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron

Thanks!!

If you can get it in 4 weeks, that would be ecxellent - goes to show my info is out of date!!! Could also depend on the dealer.

As for Blueprint, each to their own....but beware - seems Blueprint has a lot of quality problems for some reason.....and Blueprint won't be available from May onwards - and neither will Phantom for that matter - they are replacing it with a brighter purple apparently....have not seen it though.

I love Phantom, and mine is Black (Silhouette) which I love, with dark tinting, black plates, sunroof (tinted also)....

Mine's retail was just a tad under $50K retail, on the road but not including insurance - and mine is not a turb - but I got extra stuff: sunroof, premium audio, rear elec windows, alarm, wheel sensors, tinting, paint and interior protection. But I paid $43K for the whole lot.

The manual is really good - despite what you may hear. It is actually nicer to drive than the XR8 manual - which is obviously chunkier to handle 260kW, but it is clunky - but that could just be the one I drove.... you hear a lot about the supposedly crappy T5 in the 6s, but I have found it really nice to drive - and I went from a Festiva manual to this one. Took a bit to get used to, but I love it. And it has run in really well, so it only gets better. Nowhere near as bad to drive as the mags have made out....however there COULD be an issue if you wanted to race it coz it might be a bit slow on the 2nd to 3rd change....

Put it this way - I have a broken left foot and I would still have never got the auto in it - ever! And I have driven the auto turb too, and I hated it - was boring, sounded whiney and just horrid - but that is a matter of opinion - some guys on here love the autos.... I have also driven the manual turb, and I loved it - completely different animal! Absolutely gorgeous.

I might ad, and guys on here, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the clutch on the turb felt a lot heavier duty than in mine (non turb) and the salesman was not sure, but he said he THOUGHT it was a different clutch - which would make sense with 240kW, as opposed to mine which was 182....the guys on here would probably be able to answer that better than a salesman...

The only thing I would suggest is that you drive an auto and a manual in the turb if you can - if they can get hold of a manual for ya....and see for yourself. And it also depends on whether you plan on modifying it - if you plan on going nutso with chips and stuff then it might influence your decision. THere is some suggestion the T5 cannot handle much more than 280fwkw for any length of time and that the auto is better if you go for something like Phase II or higher...however, to balance that, my dyno guys who do APS chips reckon 3 autos have come back blown apart with Phase II, while the manuals have been fine - so far.

If you are not gonna modify the crap out of it (chip alone will get you to around 280fwkw for about $1500) and you don't plan on seriously racing the thing, then the manual will be fine...in my opinion anyway....it is sure as hell much more fun to drive and I have driven them all. No auto for me, tiptronic auto or not....

Anyway, it might be an idea to plan ahead what you are gonna do with it after delivery and it would be a great idea to test drive both as well. If you are like me and got the manual without test driving it, then fine.

Go with what suits ya and what ya like....I love the manual.

And keep an eye on the availablity of those colours - they are all changing very soon!

Just a note - someone at All Ford Day yesterday has a bro who is selling a manual Blueprint turb for a decent price (did tell me, I forgot) - almost brand new coz the bro got a car from work unexpectedly.... it is a fairly urgent sale I think.....no premium audio though. Let me know if your'e interested.

Otherwise, make sure you give 'em hell at the dealer and get yourself a good deal!!!

Good luck!!!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 03-15-2004, 04:55   #9 (permalink)
▲▼I ♥ XR6T's ▲▼

I tell ya what, you are full of great info XRchic. I dont think i'll have a problem with the manual, but i will drive both on the weekend. Couldn't be and worse than the 5speed in my VL.
I'll give the dealers heaps, and let them know i'm shopping around, just to put a bit of pressure on them. I'll let you know how I go.

Thanks heaps!!
Old 03-15-2004, 06:05   #10 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Ha ha - no worries - I reckon there is no point in me f*cking up and making mistakes if you other dudes can't learn from them - saves a lot of headaches....

I reckon you will be fine - you seem to know what your'e doing!

You will have to keep us updated as to how you go!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo