Ford Forums banner

Saw a phantom Turbo Barra today! with 18's!! and a blonde girl driving!! :-D!!

4K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Aussie Pete 
#1 ·
I was driving through Melbourne, going up Montague street when i saw this purple XR waiting at the lights in my mirror!
Of course i pulled over and waited for it :)
then it went past, about 4 nice cars (ricer hondas, ss's etc were following it! no kidding!lol!) it went left towards StKilda beach through an orange light, so i screeched around the left before the lights, turned right, then out onto the main street, just 3 cars behind!! i pushed my way through the traffic, and !! hey, it says TURBO!!! my 1st turbo! and not only that, it had the optional 18 inch wheels! they look great, and the colour is just beaut too!! i followed it down to StKilda, and along the beach road for a bit, stopping at lights to listen to it take off :) and boy does it sounds great!! It sounds like a quiet v8! a lovely burble :) The Blonde lady driver was just idling around, it was an auto, and !!!! well i cant stop ringing mates to tell them about it!! ITS THAT GOOD!!!

THEN!! on the way back to Geelong, going over the Westgate bridge, coming to Melbourne, was a Bright blue XR8 with bonnet bulge!! I had the best day!! The bulge looks buch better in real life than in pictures.

Also today, i went up to Bay ford, i think its called, in the City, where theres a nice grey XR6 with cloth seats, and the seats are great i think! much better than the AU's thats for sure.

Today also i saw, in Chapel street, a new Red VY commodore, it really didnt have much street cred! and had a parking ticket too! :-D!!No'one was paying any attention to it thats for sure :)!!

GO FORD!!!

GO Johnson and Radisich!!

So whats this lady doing with an XR6 turbo when i havent seen any in any dealerships yet? any ideas!!?

See less See more
#3 ·
Ford have many production XR6T's, most are being used for magazine writers/reviewers etc. Ford actually had 'Wheels' out at the proving grounds on the weekend doing 'WCOTY'. They did all of the perfromance testing out there. I'm almost certain the XR6T used by 'Wheels' was the purple phantom colour. Possibly the same one you saw.

#4 ·
Duggy said:
It wasn't Discovery driving was it?
Nah, it was probably that gorgeous thing Sheila Vernon :s6: :bowd: in Uncle Geoff's car :p :s3 :s2: :s6:

#8 ·
Blurter said:

PS Geoff, any chance you want to adopt a 45 year old son?
nah geoff!!! go with youth!!! Im only 16! just think... someone to take over the family business, I would be more then happy to :s6:

#10 ·
Sheila Vernon said:

Thank you.
Looks like Geoff has a plan. He puts blondes in a phantom XR6 Turbo and makes them cruise around - guys see them and equate XR6 Turbo with hot blondes :s3 Hence sex sells (ruff nuff ruff nuff)

This guy will do anything to sell a car :bowd: :bowd: :bowd: :s3

#11 ·
Stopped at the local Holden dealer and had a look at the new commies and I have to say that while I would choose a Ford over a Holden any day (especially a New Falcon) in the flesh the commies didn't look as bad as the pics suggest. The SS is definately a good looking car, but the interior I saw wasn't the best (perforated leather isn't my thing) but the speedo etc. looked quite nice. The back of the commies isn't as magna-ish in person and doesn't look disgusting.
BUT
A Falcon for me anyday.....especially a Phantom XR - with a blonde thrown in for good measure :)

#13 ·
younggun said:

nah geoff!!! go with youth!!! Im only 16! just think... someone to take over the family business, I would be more then happy to :s6:
rofl come off it younggun you young blokes are too much trouble. Cost Geoff a fortune you will, let alone all the dramas associated with growing through the late teens.

#14 ·
Aussie Pete said:

Nah, it was probably that gorgeous thing Sheila Vernon :s6: :bowd: in Uncle Geoff's car :p :s3 :s2: :s6:
Is there something going on here that you're not telling us Pete?:valintine :iwsun: :1poke:

#15 ·
Falchoon said:

Is there something going on here that you're not telling us Pete?:valintine :iwsun: :1poke:
Talk to my lawyer :p :p I refuse to comment.

#16 ·
Aussie Pete said:

Looks like Geoff has a plan. He puts blondes in a phantom XR6 Turbo and makes them cruise around - guys see them and equate XR6 Turbo with hot blondes :s3 Hence sex sells (ruff nuff ruff nuff)
Definitely would convince me. :p :p :s6:

#17 ·
Blurter said:

rofl come off it younggun you young blokes are too much trouble. Cost Geoff a fortune you will, let alone all the dramas associated with growing through the late teens.
all I need to keep me out of trouble is a boss XR8 or a XR6T and he would never have to see me again :s6: :s2:

#19 ·
XRBURNS said:
there is a XR6T ute in Rockhampton QLD today and tomorrow..

at the local ford dealer.... it is SWEEEET
Yes, but is there a gorgeous Blonde driving it? Get with the thread mate! :s3 :s6:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.