Smile when driving the Typhoon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2005, 14:56   #1 (permalink)

biggrin Smile when driving the Typhoon

Well this is what i did last night. Couldn't get the smile off my face with a crow bar. We (as in around 350Kg of us, 150 of it from me) took a Typhoon for a burl to see what it could do. When that turbo kicked in, OMG, it took off like a rocket launch at NASA.

We found the clutch to be quite good. It was certainly a different clutch setup to a lot of other cars, but easy to pickup after a few minutes of driving. The new 6 speed gear box gave the typhoon a smother, more reliable gear change. I haven't driven manual for years and i found i easy enough even when under load. Not driving a manual for so long however did show in my gear changes as apposed to the other guys who drive a manual car on a regular basis.

This is one of those cars that you can drive around like a granny and she's happy. Then at the drop of the accelerator, woshga, she's the full blown FPV that it should be. The pulling power of this thing was absolutely unbelievable. I shit my dacks the first time we gave it a bit. I was sitting in the front seat, then suddenly my head was hitting the rear windscreen. I was scarred the front seat bolts might give way i would crush the guy sitting behind me.

I have read so many negative threads and some with just cause too, but until you get behind the wheel of the Typhoon, only then will you realise its greatness. For the V8 boys to be impressed says something to me. I will buy one of these cars if it's the last thing i do for two reasons. one to keep that smile on my face and two so i can upset all my holden V8 buddies. The jaw dropping will make it to the priceless archives to read something like this:

1 holden V8 driver munchin his big pink fairy flos
1 ford typhoon driver inhaling donuts by the dozen
they post up at the line waiting for the green
The holden driver hands over his fairy flos to his boyfriend
The ford driver searches the depths of the passenger seat floor for more donuts
the lights go green
the holden driver floors it
the ford driver looks up not finding anymore donuts and realising he missed the lights and eases on the accelerator
the holden driver smiles as he thinks he's won after the ford forgot to go
the ford driver screems past the holden at half throttle while trying to stop yawning
The holden drivers jaw drops, his face destroyed as his days of raining death are over. Game Over! he thinks to himself.
The ford driver takes a photo with his long range zoom lense of the holden drivers face. Another photo to add to this serial killers wall.
The holden driver goes home to cry to mummy
The ford driver posts death all over the internet once again.

The Typhoon is here people. Prepare yourself for it!
BDAZLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2005, 15:39   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Smile when driving the Typhoon

Dont knock them until you have driven one thats my message to anyone bagging them in future.

Great car I am impressed.

I Like Steve Because Steves My Mate
I.L.SB 1
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 16:08   #3 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Re: Smile when driving the Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1XLS
Dont knock them until you have driven one thats my message to anyone bagging them in future.

Great car I am impressed.
When's the wife up for a new car?

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 16:19   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT

hahah play nice alex, they are a weapon when tunned to be.
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 16:23   #5 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
hahah play nice alex, they are a weapon when tunned to be.
Simon i finally got a chance to drive one the way i like to drive a car and yes they do impress.When tuned well hopefully one day i might get a chance to experience that too

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 16:29   #6 (permalink)

i gonna buy 20 tattslotto tickets this weekend. I want my tyza. waaiaia. and i'll buy a box of nappies too
BDAZLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 17:16   #7 (permalink)

biggrin Re: Smile when driving the Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT

Im working on it

I Like Steve Because Steves My Mate
I.L.SB 1
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo