Targa Tasmania - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2003, 15:31   #1 (permalink)

confused Targa Tasmania

Is it just me or is anyone else a little ticked off about the zero coverage Channel 10 gave to the XR6 Turbos in this years Targa. There was only one bloody shot of one of them in all of their footage!!!! Gotta say too that whilst finishing where they did was a commendable effort, I'm surprised that they didn't place higher given the performance of the Monaro. Clearly they were no where near as fast, considering that both the Monaros dropped out of the top 20 after the re-fuelling penalty, and yet still managed to beat them by race end. I know one of the XR6Ts was essentially only a road car, but if we're to believe all the hype surrounding the Turbo's speed after modification then why in the hell did the modified car not trounce the red V8s. Interesting.......
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2003, 15:40   #2 (permalink)
Crikey

Re: Targa Tasmania

Yes I noticed this too. At one stage I thought that the Monaro's coverage was the equivalent of a paid advertisement.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 17:13   #3 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

The Turbo went very well for the type of car it is, and the competition it was up against. But, only one shot of it???

Doesn't matter really. Wanna see lots of XR Falcons on TV? Just switch on the V8's, and see Marcos do his thing.
Old 06-25-2003, 18:02   #4 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

I noticed it too, the old man was getting a little upset calling channel 10, channel holden hehehe. Oh well as long as Ambrose and the rest of the Ford crew keep winning the V8's then I'll let that little incident with the targa coverge slip.
Old 06-25-2003, 18:54   #5 (permalink)

I'm a Ford man, but hey. The Monaro is the car the public love and asked Holden to build and it was being driven by Australias own legend in Peter Brock. I can see why channel 10 showed them both so much.
Apart from us Blue bloods most people want to see legends in flash Monaros and Porsches, not relative no-names in cars we see everyday on the road. It's all about ratings and these people and cars lift ratings and keep channel 10 showing Targa. I to would like to see a better coverage for the Fords, but until a name like Moffat is in a new GT backed by Ford, I can't see it happening.
EL2 XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 06:40   #6 (permalink)
EF Series Fan

Yep, watched the Targo show on Channel 10 and rubbed my hands and thought 'yeah, time to see some xr6s in action :)'. But alas, I think there was only one single shot of them on the whole show. If you looked down to the bottom left/right hand side of the screen you sould see 'Toyota' show up every now and again, so thats probably why we saw a lot of the Toyota Sportivo (joke of a car).
Till_Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo