To the testers at MOTOR..... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2005, 04:03   #1 (permalink)
MADABOUTFORDS

To the testers at MOTOR.....

Is there any possibility of a direct comparo between a standard Typhoon and a Mk2 XR6T? I have read wonderful reports of the Typhoon's potential being unlocked by the various people on this site such as " Hypnodoc" and Co. That's brilliant but I'm still curious about the direct comparison between to cars available off the showroom floor with the same DNA. Is this a possibility? Cheers.
Blueblud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2005, 04:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: To the testers at MOTOR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblud
Is there any possibility of a direct comparo between a standard Typhoon and a Mk2 XR6T? I have read wonderful reports of the Typhoon's potential being unlocked by the various people on this site such as " Hypnodoc" and Co. That's brilliant but I'm still curious about the direct comparison between to cars available off the showroom floor with the same DNA. Is this a possibility? Cheers.
I too would like to see something like this done.. Only thing we need to do now is train the journos how to drive a standard typhoon. Before anyone knocks that comments... Try driving a standard typhoon and testing it without reving the guts out of it and actually using the torque of the thing..
anyone whos driven one will know what i mean
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 18:09   #3 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
I too would like to see something like this done.. Only thing we need to do now is train the journos how to drive a standard typhoon. Before anyone knocks that comments... Try driving a standard typhoon and testing it without reving the guts out of it and actually using the torque of the thing..
anyone whos driven one will know what i mean

Great to see more support for the phoon. Totally agree. Smooooth and squeeze the F6 is at her best. You need nothing over 5000 on the tacho, get the shift right and bring it on again. The thing is a joy.... and I'll miss her waiting for the clutch fix.......
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 18:45   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv f6t

Great to see more support for the phoon. Totally agree. Smooooth and squeeze the F6 is at her best. You need nothing over 5000 on the tacho, get the shift right and bring it on again. The thing is a joy.... and I'll miss her waiting for the clutch fix.......
When you run a decent edit with some proper boost and wastegate settings, revving the by jesus out of it and dumping the clutch (at any speed) works good to (he said cynically) The only reson you need nothing over 5000 is because the lads at FPV went out of their way to make sure that THERE AIN'T NOTHING THERE ANYWAY.
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 20:49   #5 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
When you run a decent edit with some proper boost and wastegate settings, revving the by jesus out of it and dumping the clutch (at any speed) works good to (he said cynically) The only reson you need nothing over 5000 is because the lads at FPV went out of their way to make sure that THERE AIN'T NOTHING THERE ANYWAY.

I sure look forward to that (edit). Unfortunately the birthday/Christmas/Fathers Day wish list is out of credit. It will happen eventually though.... I also look forward to the rush as it pulls to redline and not have to shift early.

By the way Doc, saw on another post you'd been talking to Guy at FPV. I spoke to him a few weeks back about my options and decided to keep on with the car barring any change. For the first time over the weekend I had gear selection probs so rang him again this morning. On some independant advice I've decided to shelve the Typhoon and wait for the fix. The "quick fix" even if it did exist was never going to be an option as far as I'm concerned. I'm now waiting for his call back to see what the replacement is going to be. I said it had to be FPV but judging by what others have said that may be difficult. I'll post what the "offer" is.

Ian
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 21:06   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I sure look forward to that (edit). Unfortunately the birthday/Christmas/Fathers Day wish list is out of credit. It will happen eventually though.... I also look forward to the rush as it pulls to redline and not have to shift early.

By the way Doc, saw on another post you'd been talking to Guy at FPV. I spoke to him a few weeks back about my options and decided to keep on with the car barring any change. For the first time over the weekend I had gear selection probs so rang him again this morning. On some independant advice I've decided to shelve the Typhoon and wait for the fix. The "quick fix" even if it did exist was never going to be an option as far as I'm concerned. I'm now waiting for his call back to see what the replacement is going to be. I said it had to be FPV but judging by what others have said that may be difficult. I'll post what the "offer" is.

Ian
I got a brand new XR6 Turbo to pick up this arvo or tomorrow as a replacement for my groovy BA Classic. I don't think the prob should have happened, but I also don't really think its plausable for FMC to hand out 100 GTs while we wait around so I was happy enough to get the Turbo. Guy is a really helpful bloke and thanks to him everybody re my car now knows whats going on, and thats all I wanted in the first place.

You are going to love the edited version of the car
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 02-08-2005, 21:22   #7 (permalink)
CRAZY TYPHOON DRIVER

Tongue Re: To the testers at MOTOR.....

Quote:

Come to melbourne and i will take you for a lap in mine to tide you over!

Oh and looks like i will be ding and aps stage3

Chasing Minge in Power
300 Rear Wheel KW and 750 NM Torque
APS Upgraded Typhoon
250 PURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:35   #8 (permalink)

frown Re: To the testers at MOTOR.....

Quote:

Ian
Bloody hell Ian you have just described my experience to a T....( no pun intended) I own number 44 and when Hamish from FPV called me I told him I am fine thanks, all going well and want to keep enjoying me new girl..... only trouble is last weekend.... at low speeds very hard to move between 1st and second..... am having regrets after reading your post... let me know how you go because Hamish told me it would be replaced with a GT... he called it the storage option.

cheers

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 04:28   #9 (permalink)
MYF6

I've clocked up 10 days in a bloody Fairmont waiting for the clutch and now gearbox to be replaced. I'm also dealing with Guy at FPV, good young bloke, but powerless to a large degree. They can't tell me when (if) the replacement box was sent to BNE so I don't have a clue when my F6 will be back on the road. I've been telling them I NEED the car this weekend. Lets hope the box arrives tomorrow or Friday. Bloody hard to drive a car with half the rwhp.
Old 02-09-2005, 16:57   #10 (permalink)

Regardless of all FPVs best intentions and efforts, the isuue will have to go through at least 5 departments 10 supervisors, 15 managers, and 5 department heads before the engineers actually start thinking about how they might begin to make a decision.
Then it all has to be approved by FMC in the USA, and thats before Whoa Drive come into the picture with their 50 cents worth. Face it lads we are going to be driving these lucky draws for a least 6 weeks IMHO any takers for a $100?
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo