Thanks, FPV - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2005, 02:32   #1 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Thanks, FPV

After weighing the available options and seeking some independant advice, I decided to take David Flints offer of a loan GT while the F6 is shelved waiting for the clutch fix.
As has been posted before (by myself and others) the customer relations staff at FPV have been exemplary in their efforts to help.
For whatever reason, there was a very unfortunate mistake with the launch of the car which has disappointed a lot of people, but since that time David Flint and FPV have set up a program not only to rectify the clutch problem but to make every effort to look after existing buyers.
I specifically want to thank Guy from customer relations for his efforts and Tim at Peter Warren's Liverpool for organising the car quickly for me.

Just a note..... after discussion with the dealer, the F6 will stay in MY garage till the fix is available, and is therefore locked up and safe.

Ian
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2005, 03:41   #2 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Re: Thanks, FPV

Well you can't ask for more than that (well besides not having the problem in the first place of course). Great example of good customer service.

So after driving around a GT for a while, do you think you'll wnat to hand it back?

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:40   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv f6t
After weighing the available options and seeking some independant advice, I decided to take David Flints offer of a loan GT while the F6 is shelved waiting for the clutch fix.
As has been posted before (by myself and others) the customer relations staff at FPV have been exemplary in their efforts to help.
For whatever reason, there was a very unfortunate mistake with the launch of the car which has disappointed a lot of people, but since that time David Flint and FPV have set up a program not only to rectify the clutch problem but to make every effort to look after existing buyers.
I specifically want to thank Guy from customer relations for his efforts and Tim at Peter Warren's Liverpool for organising the car quickly for me.

Just a note..... after discussion with the dealer, the F6 will stay in MY garage till the fix is available, and is therefore locked up and safe.

Ian
Ian,

Any hesitation from your dealer on handing over the GT? My dealer has always been excellent but are a bit reluctant to give up a GT for a few weeks.

Matt
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 21:30   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys.
I'll let the boys know.
We're on it and appreciate your support.
Have fun!
Old 02-20-2005, 14:47   #5 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattm
Ian,

Any hesitation from your dealer on handing over the GT? My dealer has always been excellent but are a bit reluctant to give up a GT for a few weeks.

Matt
None at all Matt. Guy did the negotiations..... I just fronted the dealer and picked up the car. Tim at Peter Warrens was only too helpful. Couldn't have asked for more.
Old 02-20-2005, 14:55   #6 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Well you can't ask for more than that (well besides not having the problem in the first place of course). Great example of good customer service.

So after driving around a GT for a while, do you think you'll wnat to hand it back?

Hehe ... good question .... and its an easy answer. I've had the GT (its an auto, Mk1) for 3 days and its a great car. But I simply cannot wait for the clutch fix to get back into the Typhoon. If they offered me a straight swap to a manual 6spd GT, I'd take the Typhoon in an instant.
I'll post more after I've had the GT for a while.
Old 02-21-2005, 22:41   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattm
Ian,

Matt
I have had the same issue, my dealer has been excellent with me but they are reluctant to loaning me a GT. They have offered me a XR6 Turbo demonstrator instead. May have to take them up on that offer, although I enjoy driving mine too much...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo