Totally Lost!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2006, 22:46   #1 (permalink)
MCHLUV

Totally Lost!!

here's situation and bare facts:

i have a xr6t ute, i need more power, only a lil bit not full on.
dot want to change pumps, injectors or exhaust,

think i've found the right performance shop. i'm not too bright when it comes to mods on these cars and everyone i ask for advice tells me somethin different, ie, do the piggy back, re map, go the capa flash and boost controller, blah blah blah!!

so wat i'm asking you guys for is what the hell should i do to get small gains?? and how much should i pay? i mainly just wanted to up the boost to 8 or 9! now people saying go to 12, go to 10.........

i'm lost like in another country with no street directry!

any advice would be most appressiated! pm me if u prefer.

thanks
MCHLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2006, 23:52   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: Totally Lost!!

The CAPA flash tuner is the way to go.

You can buy these and do it yourself and you will get 2 tunes with the kit.

One tune is an 8psi boost and the other is 10psi.

To get the most from them ,then you can get a custom tune done with the CAPA flash tuner but it is not absolutely needed.

It arrives in a box and you simply follow the instructions to download the factory tune to the box and upload the new tune. If you take the car to Ford for servicing ,then you MUST reflash back to the standard tune before taking the car in for service.

There is a CAPA area on the forum but you may need to look further back for more info.

http://www.fordforums.com/f662/

It is simply plug and play with no alteration to wiring or anything and I'm sure this is what you are looking for. If you want more power later then you can get a custom tune with other mods and go as far as you like using the flasher for the tuning.
As a first step just using the tunes that come with the unit are enough with no other mods needed then as you want more power you get better tunes with the correct mods such as injectors, valve springs ,fuel pump etc added to cope with the higher power lvls.

Very recommended by many.
Old 02-03-2006, 00:04   #3 (permalink)

CAPA Flash Tuner WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT.

Piggybacks are old and antiquated technology... There is much info about piggybacks vs capa flash tuner on this forum... In reality, there is no contest.

As you are in sydney perhaps you could check out this link and see where the nearest CAPA Flash Tuner stockist is to where you are:
http://www.capa.com.au/ford_flash_tuner.htm#nsw

Cheers,

Ross
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:42   #4 (permalink)

CAPPA FLASH TUNER, with out a doubt..... Piggy backs are a cheap and nasty way of trying to trick your ECU into giving your engine more power. Flash tuner reprograms and tunes your ECU, Which is better, better, better.....

You will easily get 260rwkw (that's kw at the rear wheels) with standard injectors, exhaust and fuel pump.......

Get a decent exhaust, fuel pump and injectors and you will see 300rwkw easy.

260rwkw at the flywheel is 348kw up from 240kw (correct me if I'm wrong)
300rwkw at the flywheel is 402kw up from 240kw ( DITTO )

Turbo 6's are so easy to get power out off
Old 02-03-2006, 21:53   #5 (permalink)

I hear Extreme Ford Tuning are the best mob around to custom tune xr6ts. Which flash unit do they use?
Old 02-04-2006, 13:47   #6 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom XR Turbo
I hear Extreme Ford Tuning are the best mob around to custom tune xr6ts. Which flash unit do they use?
There is an Xtreme Ford tuning area on the forums if anyone wants some questions answered.

http://www.fordforums.com/f661/

The Flash tuners are all the same unit which is from SCT but distributed by CAPA to various outlets. The various places may put their own tunes in the unit then redistribute but they are all the same tuner unit.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:37   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Ford
There is an Xtreme Ford tuning area on the forums if anyone wants some questions answered.

http://www.fordforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=661

The Flash tuners are all the same unit which is from SCT but distributed by CAPA to various outlets. The various places may put their own tunes in the unit then redistribute but they are all the same tuner unit.

I vouche for how good Xtreme are. Simon worked wonders on my formally gas guzzling sluggish xr6t ute. He tuned it into a 300rwkw weapon thats gets 450/500k's to a tank and is an absolute dream to drive. As for customer service Simon is second to none. I really cant say enough good things about him after dealing with 2 other tuners here in perth....
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 14:31   #8 (permalink)
MCHLUV

well thank you very much all!!!! you've all been most helpfull!
i think i'll go the capa flash!! hehe

i've narrowed down tunehouses to 2, jst gotta make a choice and then hello power, goodbye mates 200sx! hehe

most appreciated
MCHLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo