Traction Control - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2005, 03:40   #1 (permalink)
BF rapid XR6T

Question Traction Control

I have a BF XR6T ute which has traction control and i thought u have to press the button to enable it, but tonight i was on some grass and gave it a bit and it spun and the traction control light come on the dash, soes this mean it is on or to turn it on?
Shaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2005, 03:46   #2 (permalink)

Re: Traction Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneo
I have a BF XR6T ute which has traction control and i thought u have to press the button to enable it, but tonight i was on some grass and gave it a bit and it spun and the traction control light come on the dash, soes this mean it is on or to turn it on?
Hi Shaneo

No you press it to take the traction control off!

RapidTypLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:50   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTypLady
Hi Shaneo

No you press it to take the traction control off!

Old 12-11-2005, 16:28   #4 (permalink)
FF Moderator

lol......sorry Shaneo. No laughing at you really. Done the same myself at one point.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 21:14   #5 (permalink)

Yep, you need to disable it by pushing the button. Next time you turn on the ignition the traction control resets to enabled. At the FPV drive day the first part for us was a demonstration of the traction control system supposedly with the traction control ON; you go around the corner which has been sprayed with water, turn the wheel hard and hit the loud pedal. One person mistakenly disabled their traction control and when they hit the accelerator the car spun around. This took everyone by surprise including the John Bowe instructor, most of all the driver! We all had a good laugh about it when the driver told us they thought they had to push the button to turn on the traction control!

In hindsight, it is a bit of a worry that some people are not aware of the operation of the traction control system, especially a switchable system in a high powered car. Maybe the dealers should make more effort to give more instruction on the traction control system on delivery or during a test drive.
Jim Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 14:15   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Gents

Has anybody actually read their car manual? Everything one needs to know about any controls on the dash are in there along with some other important issues.
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 03:06   #7 (permalink)
BF rapid XR6T

thanx for the replys, i just thought u had to turn it on, didnt know it is enabled when u start the car. how come the light onthe dash isnt on all the time, and only is one when u press the button?
Shaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 17:24   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
thanx for the replys, i just thought u had to turn it on, didnt know it is enabled when u start the car. how come the light onthe dash isnt on all the time, and only is one when u press the button?
Shaneo

If you give the car some stick like going around the corner or just put the boot into it from stand still and you will see the light come on for a few seconds that light coming on means traction control has been enabled and it will cut fuel to your injectors you will know this as it will run like a pig for a second or two.

The light only comes on if your tyres break traction with the road it's a safety device and if you are not a very good driver or can't handle a car going sideways dont touch it or you will be facing the wrong way on the road these cars have some power mate and it's not hard to do so get to know your car first.

You can manually disable it by pressing the traction control button on your dash you will know this as the traction control light will come on and stay on meaning you now have no traction control until you push the button again to turn the traction control back on

If your traction control was turned off and you stop the engine it will automaticly be turned back on when you start the car again so to turn it off again you have to push the traction control button which will bring the light on meaning you now have no traction control.

Do me a favour Shaneo read your manual mate so you understand what all functions are on your car and how to use them wouldn't like to hear you or your car in an accident because you pushed the wrong button and didn't understand what it was for or misread some infomation on the Forum.
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 20:09   #9 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
The light is a warning light.

If you switch traction control off then the light on the dash comes on.
Old 12-27-2005, 16:02   #10 (permalink)

I prefer to think of the traction control switch as the burnout button. You press it when you want to light up the tires. The indicator on the dash looks like a wheel spinning up dirt or gravel so this is how I remember whether I have set it to on or off.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo

Related Reading: Traction Control