Trouble with replacing headlights in XR6T (BF) Ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2006, 09:12   #1 (permalink)
BF XR6T - stock only

Trouble with replacing headlights in XR6T (BF) Ute

Hi guys,

Just bought a new XR6T Ute (2006 BF), looked at the manuals etc and still dunno how to replace the headlights (low & high beams). It says in the manual "press the spring releases on both sides to remove the connector". Problem is: the space is extremely tight to use force, I couldn't find any spring releases, and I spent goddamn 1hour just trying to get the stupid connector outta the rubber socket!
I know getting the bulb outta the connector is easy (just 2 clips) but the only thing is to get the connector out.
And the high beam is the same...

And as for the fog lights... I haven't looked yet but I might just ask while I'm at it... is it hard to remove too?
RaZoRChak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2006, 14:51   #2 (permalink)

Re: Trouble with replacing headlights in XR6T (BF) Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZoRChak
Hi guys,

Just bought a new XR6T Ute (2006 BF), looked at the manuals etc and still dunno how to replace the headlights (low & high beams). It says in the manual "press the spring releases on both sides to remove the connector". Problem is: the space is extremely tight to use force, I couldn't find any spring releases, and I spent goddamn 1hour just trying to get the stupid connector outta the rubber socket!
I know getting the bulb outta the connector is easy (just 2 clips) but the only thing is to get the connector out.
And the high beam is the same...

And as for the fog lights... I haven't looked yet but I might just ask while I'm at it... is it hard to remove too?
Mate they are bastards thats for sure!

I have replaced the bulbs in my girl and it helps if you have long skinny fingers with an extra set of joints .

The spring release is on either side (horizontal that is) and you have to push your fingers into the fubber boot a bit and give the connector a damn good squeeze and wiggle it off. Thats the single most difficult bit. Then remove the rubber boot and then you can see what your doing from there.

For me it got to the stage where I had to remove the battery to get to the drivers side bulbs, and remove the top of the airbox for the passengers side, not a well designed set up but thats all been fixed now. Airbox and plumbing removed, battery is in the boot, and a big K&N pod sits where it was. Can access all the globes easy now, oh.... and she does go a tad quicker as well .

Good luck with it mate.

cheers

Peter
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 17:01   #3 (permalink)
BF XR6T - stock only

Re: Trouble with replacing headlights in XR6T (BF) Ute

Thanx alot Team X, I'll try your advice today. Funny that I was gonna do what you did to ur car i.e. remove batter & airbox + jackup the car then start to figure out.
But thanx, I'll give it a try =D

Cheers bud
RaZoRChak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo