turbo coolant hose buggered... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2005, 22:26   #1 (permalink)

turbo coolant hose buggered...

Hey, the other night, i was happily driving my xr6t when i stopped at a set of lights, and thought "thats weird, the thermos are on, and its a really cool night..." i then proceeded to look down at my temp guage and noticed it was up around the 3 quarter mark. i pulled over, and had a look, theres a coolant line running into the turbo, and if you follow that line, a small part of it is rubber. that rubber bit looked as if it had been cut clean in half... there was coolant everywhere... after ringing the dealer, they took the car away, fixed it under warranty and gave me a laser for the night. does anybody know what could have caused this?

i guess i have gotten a bit complacent since i started driving the new car, and dont really check temp anymore...
4LTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2005, 23:15   #2 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Re: turbo coolant hose buggered...

Good to hear, no serious damage was done. I would say the rubber hose had a flaw in it from the factory and it just progressed. It could easily happen and would be very difficult to detect during QC on a black hose.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 23:44   #3 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

Re: turbo coolant hose buggered...

i had mine leaking badly before but never split in two.i changed it myself but keep a eye on it.
dicast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo