turboing ef falcon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2003, 02:23   #1 (permalink)
EF & ZH owner

turboing ef falcon

hi,

I have recently got a baby CT20 turbo, how would I go about putting this on my car? I was thinking about maybe using an rx7 intercooler. I am going to decompress my motor my using a copper head gasket, and also want to know wheter i will need to change my fuel map??

EF2 Futura - 2.5" zorst - K&N Filter - 3" intake - xr8 CAI - Wade 1004-14 Cam - Pacemaker PH4480 xtractors - 15" stockies

77 ZH Fairlane 500 - 302clevo - straight lpg - 12 slotters

God bless the lord, Henry Ford.
XCHASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2003, 05:09   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Whats the ct20 off ?? How big is it ?? after market I/C are around $900.00 10 times better than anything stock...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 21:03   #3 (permalink)
I Love Forced Induction.

Well you will need to make up an exhaust manifold, to fit the turbo, sounds like your exhust might be ok, intercooler + plumbing, unichip, bradied hoses for oil for turbo, inlet and outlet, and then tuned, depends on the comp you are running on your engine at the moment, you wont need a decomp plate if you run around 6-8psi it should be ok without removing the head, but make sure you get the vehicle dynoed straigt away, dont drive the car around only to the tuner, as you wont be able to tell if the vehicle is tuned correctly.
Its that simple, and if you want to raise boost then we taking about decomping and rebuilds.
Old 03-02-2003, 03:34   #4 (permalink)
the shmang

cool

yeah lookin at my mates ef you might be able to get away with a top mount setup have the output from the turbo facing the throttle body and put the top mount in between if you want to run it without going over 6-8 psi that should be substantial providing you get a decent vent for the intercooler maybe try a wrx or an mr2 one they might be small enough just a suggestion i know ill be running an ef inlet manifold when i finaly get my progect up and running just cause its already facing the right way for a low boost setup

id sooner drive my ford than push a holden.....or my girlfreinds pulsar lol!!
ONE39L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 15:28   #5 (permalink)
EF & ZH owner

ok, the ct20 is of a toyota celica, reason im using this turbo is because my mate is giving it to me because he just re built his engine and is usuing a ct28 hiflo with a t4 front on it. we were thinking about getting a rx7 intercooler and fitting it where my airbox is and getting xr6 bonnet scoops that will work so my cooler will get air, im looking at running small boost for now 5-6psi. will i need to decompress the motor for that amount of boost? i already have the exhaust made up for coming out of the back of the turbo and the mainifold is in process now. i am guess ill have to have it engineered also? how much would this cost im guessing around $400?. what else will i need to do??

cheers, rob

EF2 Futura - 2.5" zorst - K&N Filter - 3" intake - xr8 CAI - Wade 1004-14 Cam - Pacemaker PH4480 xtractors - 15" stockies

77 ZH Fairlane 500 - 302clevo - straight lpg - 12 slotters

God bless the lord, Henry Ford.
XCHASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 22:49   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Check www.mrtrally.com.au for parts including i/c..
You won't need to decompress with low boost "imo".Just make sure fuel is up to the task and retard timming till you get it tuned properly.The turbo is on the small side.But you can atleast set things up and hope the flanges etc can be latter adapted to better turbo etc..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 00:40   #7 (permalink)

Go over to www.performanceforums.com
There is a guy who posts over there called 6boost, he seems to know the most of anyone ive come across regarding turbo ford il6. He has had a big hp ea and an ed i beleive. Both well over 500rwhp. He knows alot about manifold design etc etc.

Aaron
xespack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 00:41   #8 (permalink)

Both cars injected, running pump fuel and fully street driven by the way.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:29   #9 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

yeah 6boost is a pro and really knows his stuff. He's a nice bloke to (on the net at least) but he's gonna laugh at the size of that turbo. RX7 coolers are the best standard cooler you can get so thats a good choice. No need at all to decompress your motor for that baby. The most expensive bit is the manifold and IMHO as was said earlier make sure the manifold is over engineered to alow a bigger turbo later.
If your looking at a low cost way to get good power turbo is the way to go.
Your little turbo won't be good for hard reving though and will run out of puff at about 3500 to 4000 revs I think (educated guess I'm not an engineer or expert by any means I've just done a little research for my own project)
You'll need a chip to get this to work and my recommendation is the Chiptorque or Unichip most others are POS. A Tweecer would rock but there not supporting the 6cyl EEC4 just yet.
There is a guy on here Pete (Xrsomething or rather)
He's very knowledgeable when it comes to ford ECU's
Old 03-03-2003, 03:34   #10 (permalink)

Or you can go straight lpg and you can remove all pollution crap and not worry bout efi etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo