typhoon 278rwkw clutch fine - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2005, 03:24   #1 (permalink)

typhoon 278rwkw clutch fine

Had my Typhoon chipped for last month and making 278rwkw, and the clutch is fine.Maybe I am a sedate driver,But maybe it will fail anyway.If it does I would rather leave it in the garage and wait till a fix is finally done than get a GT replacement and leave my car in the service dept for who knows how long.
fpvf6typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2005, 13:00   #2 (permalink)
MYF6

Re: typhoon 278rwkw clutch fine

The clutch failure is not related to power, simply to the inherant weakness of the design. My clutch went before the mods! They replaced the clutch (temp fix) and gearbox and I'm back in my own car till the clutch goes again! Happy in my own car especially now that she has 275rwkw
Old 02-15-2005, 15:31   #3 (permalink)

how do you guys find ford is with that kinda stuff??? do they fix a clutch under warranty when the car is modified, and clearly putting out more power than standard? because im thinking of some mods, but unsure because of warranty stuff... any feedback?
4LTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 16:18   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LTURBO
how do you guys find ford is with that kinda stuff??? do they fix a clutch under warranty when the car is modified, and clearly putting out more power than standard? because im thinking of some mods, but unsure because of warranty stuff... any feedback?
wouldnt matter what they did , its a recalled item
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:05   #5 (permalink)
MYF6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LTURBO

GTP 300 is on the money. Its a recall so all Typhoon's will get the fix regardless.
I have the RDP trim control, so I simply wind back the boost to standard and unplug the cable, then anyone who looks at it or drives it gets a completely standard F6. Best of both worlds.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:35   #6 (permalink)

yeah, that sounds allright, how much does something like that cost, and do you have to be a genious to work it?
4LTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 21:13   #7 (permalink)
MYF6

Anyone can work it - its simply a small box with a dial. Turn the dial all the way to the left for standard, all the way to the right for max fun and anywhere in between you want.

Cost fitted was $3220.00 which included the computer, injectors and trim control tuned and set up for my car. The RDP system has a little higher initial cost but once you have it in the possibilities are almost endless because they take over direct control of the injectors. I'm told Nizpro now use the RDP computers on their engines running upwards of 1000hp.
Old 02-18-2005, 14:54   #8 (permalink)

Where did you both get it done at?
beaver429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 04:32   #9 (permalink)
MYF6

RDP = Redcliffe Dyno & Performance, Brisbane PH 07 3284 1925
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo